Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum really is coming together nicely. Have you noticed that when you want something answered it usually only takes a few minutes or at the most a few hours.

The "other" forum seems to take sometimes a few days. Also, it seems that most of the posts over there are from folks who have just signed up and want to know "Does anyone else center console rattle"?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
No, I hadn't noticed, could you elaborate? :p (be brief, i have to report back to joncarson)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
FXcellent said:
This forum really is coming together nicely. Have you noticed that when you want something answered it usually only takes a few minutes or at the most a few hours.
PINITI-FX said:
No, I hadn't noticed, could you elaborate? :p (be brief, i have to report back to joncarson)
Hmmmm, 24 hours and no answer :wink:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's to answer. This thread is all sarcasm.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
FXcellent said:

The "other" forum seems to take sometimes a few days. Also, it seems that most of the posts over there are from folks who have just signed up and want to know "Does anyone else center console rattle"?
Cool.

I think this is the way it should be. Helping each other-quickly, efficently.

Not sarcasm here, but My cneter console does rattle :lol: Right behind the clock. Sounds like two tin cans beating against one another. I put pressue on the clock, and it goes away.

Sorry to hijack your thread FXcellent :oops:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
GEAUX said:
My cneter console does rattle :lol: Right behind the clock. Sounds like two tin cans beating against one another. I put pressue on the clock, and it goes away.
Easy fix. Just yank the clock panel (easiest if you pull the nav screen bezel first) and slap some adhesive backed felt everywhere it loks like there are contact points. I have some lying around; I'll bring it to Fri's meet if you want.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
GEAUX said:
My cneter console does rattle :lol: Right behind the clock. Sounds like two tin cans beating against one another. I put pressue on the clock, and it goes away.
Easy fix. Just yank the clock panel (easiest if you pull the nav screen bezel first) and slap some adhesive backed felt everywhere it loks like there are contact points. I have some lying around; I'll bring it to Fri's meet if you want.
Got ya, so yours rattled some too? I have felt dots, like the ones I put on my middle console lid to stop it from rattling. Will that work, or will I need bigger, fuller felt?

OK, so just pulling the click panel from the sides is not the answer, go for the navi cover first then that one huh? Which edge did you "yank" from first to pull the cover?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
GEAUX said:
MustGoFastR said:
GEAUX said:
Got ya, so yours rattled some too? I have felt dots, like the ones I put on my middle console lid to stop it from rattling. Will that work, or will I need bigger, fuller felt?

OK, so just pulling the click panel from the sides is not the answer, go for the navi cover first then that one huh? Which edge did you "yank" from first to pull the cover?
Mine doesn't rattle, but I've used the stuff in avrious other places (console). I use the sheets of adhesive backed craft felt and cut it to size. It's very thin and can be wrapped around edges of things. What you have should be fins as long as it'll get in those tight spots you need it to.

First, pull the bezel from under the tape deck door. Carefully disconnect the cables on back and set asside (or have someone hold it for you intil you pop out the clock panel, then just set it back in place). The just pop the clock panel out by pulling it's newly exposed top edge. Much easier than trying to pry it out from the sides and no risn of chewing up your trim by doing so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts