Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned this beauty for the last 13 years. Needs nothing. Exceptionally clean. Full, Full load. Silver on black. AWD, sport, tech, NAV, hands free etc…
Hard parting with a best friend, so looking for a good home. Recent tired, and complete brakes, rotors, pads, hoses, fluids etc… 94k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
You should post some photos. Is your FX a US import?

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Not that I'm interested in a one year newer version of mine but I am curious on what you are asking for your FX.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good idea! I’ve listed it on Craigslist but I should post on here.
Funny, I used this site for trouble shooting and info but never belonged all these years. Loved my FX and have very few issues…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good idea! I’ve listed it on Craigslist but I should post on here.
Funny, I used this site for trouble shooting and info but never belonged all these years. Loved my FX and have very few issues…
* Had very few issues. Always reliable…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was built January 21 of 2006. Imported from Cali for me with 10k and took possession October 2007.
I went US because you could only get the base FX35 or Full load FX45 here. This is extremely rare here (only seen one similar) as it is a fully loaded FX35 with everything…

I would sell this to a family member or colleague… It is that clean. If my son was closer to driving age, I’d keep it for him :(

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
When I bought mine there were quite a few vehicles coming in from the US. I guess the Canadian dollar was high at that point. Yours looks really good but I am guessing you have the bubbling dash problem since you have the cover on the dash. Mine started just after the 10 year mark and is getting worse by the season. It's too bad as the car looks great inside and out....except the dash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I bought mine there were quite a few vehicles coming in from the US. I guess the Canadian dollar was high at that point. Yours looks really good but I am guessing you have the bubbling dash problem since you have the cover on the dash. Mine started just after the 10 year mark and is getting worse by the season. It's too bad as the car looks great inside and out....except the dash.
Yes. Good eye. The only blemish on this vehicle… our dollar was worth about $1.05. Went to our local dealer and the sales guy said “I’d buy one from the US right now!” lol.

My dash started at year 7.5. Infuriating as the dealer saw it, said nothing. Didn’t realize it was on a double secret extended warranty that they didn’t want to honour. Lots of fighting with .Canada and ultimately would have required a lawsuit I wasn’t willing to go through at the time. Considering reports of the replacement dashes being no different and happening again… it wasn’t all that bad until about year 10 then it spread like boils.
Stealer said the airbags were going to be under a recall at some time, but have never heard anything, you?

When buying a used car, ALWAYS register the vehicle with the manufacturer. Often overlooked, but very important…

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
My airbag modules were replaced a couple of years ago. I also got my headlights and tailights replaced under recall at the same time. I waited on the lights as I had heard that it didn't change the light output by much if anything and it was just the housing. After over ten years of ownership it was nice to have fresh lights. Just went in to a local Infiniti dealership when I heard about the airbag recall and they looked it up based on my VIN. I knew about both recalls in advance from my time on these forums. Unfortunately, my dash started to bubble just after the 10 year extended warranty.

Yes, registering with the manufacturer is important, especially if you don't get all of the information anywhere else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts