Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see if anyone has attempt to do that...if so, how and what is the cost?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Are you referring to powered folding mirrors? I know they are very popular (a necessity?) in places like Taiwan because if you don't fold your mirrors and park on the street, you will probably find them smashed by another car. Then again, on the FX they don't stick out very much and are quite high.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thats exactly what i am referring to...my garage is pretty narrow and since it is a tandem setup so the folding would definitely benefit...has anyone done that mod?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
All I can say is I really need that feature in Taiwan. The parking is not that bad but mostly for small side streets and scooters that keep hitting my mirrors while waiting for the light to turn green.

Jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jimsbmw said:
All I can say is I really need that feature in Taiwan. The parking is not that bad but mostly for small side streets and scooters that keep hitting my mirrors while waiting for the light to turn green.

Jim
Just curious, how much is the FX in tw and how's the popularity?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Sorry, this is not an answer to your question, but just for amusement I thought I'd share what it costs to import a used car into Taiwan (I know this because a friend wanted to import his Miata):

Plus another $1750 (or so) for environmental quality control inspection.

So if you imported a $40,000 FX35, it would cost you an extra $30K. :lol:

The good news is (1) Infiniti sells FXs in Taiwan and (2) it is cheaper than importing a bottle of Rum: 275% Duty, 230% Tax, 5% VAT and 0.5% harbor tax.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:shock:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Well the msrp for a fx35 in taiwan is NT $2,080,000.00 for a sports package with 20" but not tech package here.

Jim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
heh, I told you about the import tax over in Asia! Now imagine what that Maybach I saw in HK would cost. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Right now the going rate for a Maybach in Taiwan is just under one million US dollars. Heard a few people ordered it but waiting for delivery on it.

jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i guess the price of fx in taiwan isn't too bad..my friend claims his cayenne S cost about $160,000USD in taiwan and only very few ppl have it....

how's the popularity of fx over in tw?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
The popularity of the FX is great, the only problem is that there are not enought imported to Taiwan, up to now there is still a waiting list over here. As for the cayanne, well my neighbor just got a turbo and I like it but I feel it is a waste of money ($235,000.00). For some reason I see more cayanne then the fx lately.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts