Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Has anyone swapped the stock fog lights for aftermarket?

I recently changed the stock fog light bulbs to Sylvania Silver Stars and was a nice improvement in the color of light (from yellowish to bright white). I am thinking of the PIAA Xtreme Platinum fog/driving light assemblies and was wondering if any members changed the fog light assemblies and have pictures/install intructions and if it was worth the work? I think a higher wattage wiring harness would be necessary.

[email protected]

Thanks for any insight :)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
00M said:
Hey guys, Has anyone swapped the stock fog lights for aftermarket?
...I think a higher wattage wiring harness would be necessary.
You've already done well with the Sylvanias, I have them on my Lexus and are pretty happy overall (I've heard of issues about burning out quickly, like 9-12 months, so keep an eye out for that). Most 9006 bulbs on the market are all 55w bulbs so new wiring is not necessary - the popular choices are Polarg, Plasmaglow, Hoen and PIAA.

If you want a lot more light you can do a HID retrofit, a few have done that as well...

As tazdevl has suggested, run a search - I'd suggest the following search-terms: "fog", "9006" and "plasmaglow"

JC

...moving to Internal/External.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have the 80W plasma(bright) and my tech says harness ok

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will take a picture for you....whats the email I can send it to?

Punisher said:
Any pics of the SilverStars on with the HIDs??

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
00M said:
I will take a picture for you....whats the email I can send it to?

Punisher said:
Any pics of the SilverStars on with the HIDs??
Dude, send it here to the ORG, we don't mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.