Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Recently, I also had to replace the passenger side fog light assembly. It was definitely a PITA. However, I didn't remove the front bumper as suggested by the manual. As pictured in the manual provided by ShadyJC, there's a hex bolt (10mm) located on top of the fog light assembly. There are two possible ways to gain access to that bolt. I removed the underbody plastic cover that's located under the fog lights. There are about 5 bolts but you can remove a few more toward the middle of the car to make it easier (PICTURED). It's impossible to see the bolt. You'll just have to try to use your hand or use a 10mm midget combination wrench. The other way of accessing that bolt is to go from the front of the car, side of the fog lamp. There's a form separating the black plastic and the painted bumper fascia assembly (PICTURED). Just move that aside and you can use a 10mm hex wrench to loosen that bolt. Once that bolt is removed, the fog light assembly should just slide right out. I bought an aftermarket replacement fog light replacement assembly from eBay. I had a heck of a time putting the bolt back on. So I'd recommend using your original bracket. With some patience, you should be able to put replace the fog light assembly. Good luck!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.