Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Hoen Xenonmatch in my fogs. Pass Fog light i noticed water in last week..made appt...today..i notice Drivers now too !!!!!

Has ne1 else had this problem with Xenonmatch's? is it o ring size ?
badly seated bulb..or defective seal ?????
Thanks,

·
Registered
306 Posts
THIRD TIME REPLACING FOG LIGHTS!XENON MUST BE PROBLEM. RIGHT NOW I CAN PUT GOLDFISH IN MY FOGS! BOTH BULBS BLOWN NOW , WILL REP[LACE WITH STOCK.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Hoen's are causing fill of fog lamp assby too !!!

I am going to drain it, then double "o" ring it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
where do you get the O ring washer? I prob need to do that to my Hoen fogs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
mine too. before the changed the bulbs, i wash the car many times and nothing happened. after i put in hoen's bulbs i notice the same problem. maybe it's the bulb. i gonna go outside and mess around with it now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
First sign of rain here. My Hoen Fogs have been getting water in them. Anyone double O ring theirs and had success? I got to do them now.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The best thing to do is to wrap Teflon tape around the O-ring enough times to get a snug fit when you place the bulbs back into the housing. This will prevent any under sized after market fog lamp bulb to not allow water to get pass it and into the housing. I wrapped mine about three full wraps and noticed a snug fit and no problems yet. :) Try not to wrap no-where close to the base of the bulb so you don't have to worry about burning the teflon. The bulbs heat over two hundred degrees so be careful of what you use. I know that the Teflon works and I will stick with it. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well, double O ringed my fogs, noticed my fogs were not in there correctly. I will see if the double O ring works when it rains. haven't rained here after I did them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
The best thing to do is to wrap Teflon tape around the O-ring enough times to get a snug fit when you place the bulbs back into the housing. This will prevent any under sized after market fog lamp bulb to not allow water to get pass it and into the housing. I wrapped mine about three full wraps and noticed a snug fit and no problems yet. :) Try not to wrap no-where close to the base of the bulb so you don't have to worry about burning the teflon. The bulbs heat over two hundred degrees so be careful of what you use. I know that the Teflon works and I will stick with it. :)
Bringing this thread from purgatory even though it's a wee bit old.
The '06 Fogs use a different bulb ( H8 ) and I just received my Hoen Xenonmatch fogs. Reading the above thread I' hesitant to swap out the stock bulbs without understanding if I need to wrap teflon around any part of the base (of the bulb) or if this only pertains to the old bukb types. Don't want to deal with water in the fog light.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I stopped trying to keep it out and have 2 small(upper/lower) seepy holes to prevent misting and too help the water out...Wireboltman now does the same and says it is common in electrical work

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I finally got fed up after replacing many bulbs, and housings due to rust, and just went back to stock.

Fugly yellowish light compared to heads, but I was tired of the pain in the arse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just posted this reply on another thread, but I wish I had seen this one first. The problem of water in the foglight usually starts after the owner replaces the bulbs. If you look VERY closely at some of the after market bulbs (PIAA, PlasmaGlow, Hoen, etc.) you'll see that they probably have two piece housings, which allows the water to seep in through the bulb itself. I went through this same thing for months with a couple of different brand bulbs and tried all the usual remedies (double o-rings, etc.) until I read about the two piece thing here on another thread. I replaced them with Sylvania's (one piece shell)and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Do you think that by taping up the seam with teflon tape would solve the 2 piece problem?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It pouring cats & dogs here...If the Hoen H8's have a problem I'll probably know shortly after the rain stops. However, my car IS under a car cover so that may help a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The teflon tape might work or maybe just sealing over the seam with silicone sealant would help. Not sure if that section of the bulb would get hot enough to affect either of those. Might be easier to get a good seal with silicone. I guess the first thing is to check your bulbs and see if they're 2 piece or not. Actually, trying something like sealing the seam would be a good test of this theory. Like I said in my other posts, I couldn't say for sure that this caused the problem, but when I had 1 piece units in, I never had a problem. BTW, only my passenger side fog filled with water.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts