Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a red colored car symbol flashing or blinking on my speedometer when the car is turned off. The light goes completely off when the car is started. It doesn't seem to make a difference if the intell/key is in close proximity to the car. I haven't noticed this before tonight. The oweners manual kinda of makes this sound normal? Any comments would be appreicated. For the search first police I did using several different phrases without finding anything.
Bill

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
It has a key inside the red car icon? Its the security light. Flashes when the factory alarm is armed.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it normal for it to continue to flash even though the security system has been turned off?
I just don't remember this light flashing when the car was unlocked and turned off. By the way there is a key inside the car icon.
Bill

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Yeah that is how Nissans/Infinitis do it. Basically showing that the immobilizer anti theft is active.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my car since I bought it new in 2010, never had this blinking car before. I just took it in for it's 60k inspection; could that have done something?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts