Infiniti FX Forum banner

Do you flash your lights to warn oncomming traffic about a speed trap?

• Yes, I blink my lights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, if people are speeding, screw 'em.

• Flash my HIDs, are you kidding me?

• Flash your lights? Ohhhh, so that's what that means.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll question .. you're going North, and see a cop taking radar south. Do you flash your lights to warn oncomming traffic of the upcomming speed trap?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I will slow down if someone flashed at me but.......I will never flash to let anyone know of a cop.

I know too many people who flashed and it turned out that they flashed a cop and got huge tickets for that.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I think it is "obstucting the law"

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
contaygious said:
u can get a frikin ticket for flashing ur lights? wtf? that's insanely stupid. couldn't u just say u did it by accident?

as for the question i never heard of that before............
I was driving around 3a.m. and flashed and honked to stop my ex-gf before she got on a highway, and 5 police cars stopped me in the middle of the road. luckily they just warned me... it turned out that they were looking for some runaway suspects.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I flashed a cop by accident before but he never did anything.

I will flash on-coming traffic but usually the bastards don't even thank me. I always appreciate it when somebody warns me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How would someone thank you? You can only warn those who are going in the opposite direction. They'd want to thank you after they pass the cop, but by then you're 1 mile up the highway the other direction.

I am surprised and not surprised at the poll results, because I highly doubt people are deciding not to warn other drivers because they want others to get ticketed. Especially in this group.

So .. is it a lack of observation? A lack of knowing about this custom? A lack of helpfulness?

I'm a 10-over kind of guy, so I'm not really worried about speeding, but I ALWAYS flash people, to help them out. So I'm surprised that it's a small population of people who do it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I surmise that as a group of FX owners, a vehicle with lots o' horsepower and testosterone, probably exceed the speed limit on occasion and wishes to avoid the long arm of John law with some regularity, thus hoping oncomming traffic will warn them of speedtraps.

How's that for a run-on sentence.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.