Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I finally got the NAV screen disclaimer to go BYE-BYE forever. Actually I trick the NAV system with a small circuit I developed.

I have a link to a MPG file that I shot below. It shows the screen automatically blanking and then loading the NAV system but minus the annoying disclaimer. Also shows my XBOX booting up after I switched NAV modes. The piece of paper is on the screen to sort of hide my location on the NAV screen.

You may have to right click on the link and save it to your desktop or something if the link doesn't work the normal way.
CLICK TO SEE IT HAPPEN

·
Registered
147 Posts
scott,

that is so cool!! are you going to share what you did and how difficult was it to modify?? great work!!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Awesome Scott! I was thinking of opening up my switches to do this. Tell us how. But, don't you have an Infiniti, not a Nissan? What kind of car was the guinea pig? I notice it has the digital clock on the nav screen (would love that one!).

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
don't leave us hangin' guys ...while you're at it , rig it up so a pic. of our car displays, sorta likea screen saver ...yeah ,thats the ticket!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:shock: You da man! C'mon, share the secret!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MustGoFastR said:
:shock: You da man! C'mon, share the secret!
im nothing, really....

just trolling around, and stumbled onto it !!

heres the latest::

If I can get 10 or more people to want this option I will sell it for a modest price. ( I ain't trying to get rich doing this folks; besides how many folks actually have the balls to take their beloved car apart anyway ) The way my circuit is done is not cost effective for more than one unit and mine was made specifically to interface with my x-box nav mod. I also use the xbox nav mod to acheive the screen blanking you see. The only reason I did it that way was because I was using parts I had laying around my house. I can make it very inexpensive though and you would only have to solder one wire and apply 12 volts and ground to another pair. (3 wires total)
please visit HERE to see where i found it....

solid gold, IMO!!!!

i hope you all get satisfaction

SMS

ps- i am not related to the engineer of these parts, nor do i endorse them, or their accuracy. I also do not benefit from their use or sale. Doing this mod may damage your vechicle, and void portions of your factory warranty. always consult your service manager before making any electroni alterations to factory equipment!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I'm in. Now if there was a way to retrofit the M45 / Q45 voice command function into our nav systems... ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Oh man... my mouth is watering again. :D

With this mod though, I wonder how many times I'd still hit the stupid button out of habit. :roll: And speaking of habits, it's kind of like getting into my wife's car; I get in then realize I need to dig the key out my pocket to start the car. :?

Anyway, keep the cost down and I'm certain you'll sell lots of these.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
generator said:
So lets see if Murano owners get beat up in here........

Hi Essemes:

Thanks for putting up links to my threads at the "MO" forum.

If you like those you will like these as well

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2101

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2301

The beauty of this is it will work on any RGBs type nav system (which is almost all of them).

Thanks for the support.

Welcome aboard!! :D Fellow NY'er too ;)

I am very interested in the nav/dvd mod also. What about those of us with a factory DVD installed. Possible to get it on the NAV screen and play a PS2 or Xbox?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know it will definately work on the NAV screen. As far as your factory DVD goes, I would need some more info since I really don't even know what the DVD option looks like. Does it allow you to use auxillairy inputs like a VCR? If so then it is possible. If not then the screen is probably working on RGB instead of a composite signal and again it would be possible to pump the XBOX into there as well, a lot more complicated but definately do'able. Its just a matter of splitting it up.

Within the next day or so I will reshoot the MPEG movie and demonstrate the workings and possibilities in a little more detail. Then and only then will you fully understand my madness. HAHAHAHHHAAAAHHHAAAAA (SCARY LAUGH) HHHAAAHHHAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAA.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Well, the factory DVD player feeds an overhead monitor on the headliner for the rear passengers. It does have inputs on the player itself but I wanted something a bit more stealth and flexible. Another potential problem is that the factory player's video output is too weak supposedly to feed two monitors. AV Electronics sells the video switcher/ tv tuner that amplifies the signal to feed the nav screen and also having multiple inputs for flexibility and expandibility. I'm just looking for a cheaper solution...

·
Registered
94 Posts
seems like generator has a modded Xbox as well. great work. I've been wanting to put my xbox in my FX but I don't have NAV. :cry:

·
Registered
57 Posts
ujmot:
splitting a compsosite video signal is very cheap. I bought a PYLE video distribution amp for less than $30.00. It can feed up to four monitors and each output is adjustable. There is defiantely ways to make your install stealthy and CHEAP.

I believe in doing it cheap as well. I am figuring that a XBOX to NAV mod would cost in the range of $150.00 which is still far less than whats out there now.

As far as as the NAV disclaimer mod I would like to believe that it can be done for $25.00 to $50.00. I really need to put some thought into it.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Didn't this thread start out as a workaround for the disclaimer? Whats involved to do that?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
particlefx said:
generator said:
As far as as the NAV disclaimer mod I would like to believe that it can be done for $25.00 to $50.00.
SOLD! :wink: :D
Ditto.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
#3's In

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
generator said:
ujmot:
splitting a compsosite video signal is very cheap. I bought a PYLE video distribution amp for less than $30.00. It can feed up to four monitors and each output is adjustable. There is defiantely ways to make your install stealthy and CHEAP.

I believe in doing it cheap as well. I am figuring that a XBOX to NAV mod would cost in the range of $150.00 which is still far less than whats out there now.

As far as as the NAV disclaimer mod I would like to believe that it can be done for $25.00 to $50.00. I really need to put some thought into it.
I'm in for all that good stuff :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts