Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Intro thread, but I'm not new to car forums.
Had a quick question about winter tires/wheels for the FX50 and what will fit over the brakes.
Just purchased a 2011 FX50 and we're looking for a cheap winter tire/wheel setup.

I have seen people use aftermarket 18's and even first gen G35 18x8 rims on their Fx50s, I would like to use FX35 or Fx37 wheels on the Fx50 and coundlt find confirmation that they clear the brakes.
Also, are the TPMS sensors all the same. If I get FX35 wheels with sensors from those years will they work with the TPMS in a 2011 Fx50?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
The TPMS sensors are all the same...

But for rims, I think the FX50 had the regular brakes and only the FX50S had the upgraded brakes so you should be fine. An easy way to check is to use the check rims for the FX50 and FX50S on Tire Rack to see if they can use the same rims, and if they are identical, then they both have the upgraded brakes, but if the choices are different, then only the FX50S had the big brake system...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FX50s may have even larger brakes/rotors but our FX50 certainly has fixed piston Akebono brakes. Which I'm sure don't come on the V6s standard (maybe optional)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts