Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah~! As what the title says. Tomorrow is the first day that I will apply my Zaino on my lovely "KulKul"(name of my FX).
Since the weather is such beautiful here at Boston, Finally!, I want to put some shines on my Kulkul.

I have read the previous post about Zaino.
Wash -> Clay -> Polish -> Z7 -> Z5 -> Z5 -> Z2 -> Z6....
Do I have to wait one hour every time I apply Z5 -> 1 hr. -> Z5 -> 1 hr. -> Z2 ??? or just apply those straight and wait for it to dry out?

If anyone has experiences about this product, please give some answer.

BTW, I have to excuse for my bad Eng. I'm still learning Eng. so...plz.

I wish someone could give me an answer to my post by tomorrow(4/10/05) morning.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
johniya said:
Do I have to wait one hour every time I apply Z5 -> 1 hr. -> Z5 -> 1 hr. -> Z2 ??? or just apply those straight and wait for it to dry out?
As long as it is dry you can take the layer off - depending on climate and weather conditions, may be as little as 10 minutes or as long as an hour or more. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You should do your first wash with "Dawn" dish detergent.

I dont think you need to Z5 twice in a row (z5 is for swirls/scratches) use Z2pro or some like to use 1/2 and 1/2 (z2pro and z5)

No need to wait an hour, just wait until it dries.

Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. I dont know why, but this is what it says on the zanio site.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mer ... PPLICATION

Your english is just find, welcome to the club :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
And be sure to use Z6 in between coats! Actually, I used it as an aid to buffing out the Z5/Z2pro. Made getting the residue off much easier. With the Z6, you only need a very light mist. I used maybe 1/8th of a bottle to do the whole car twice!

Mongo

·
Registered
142 Posts
I didn't know you were learning English until you pointed it out:)

This is my "routine" when aplying Zaino for the first time on a vehicle-

1- Wash with (blue) Dawn Dish Detergent (it removes old wax that may be on the car)

2- Clay the paint to make sure your paint is slick and "healthy".

3- Polish the paint as needed (if needed, I recommend Einszett polishes)

4- Inspect your work. It there are ant areas that need "touching up", either with clay or polishing..., now is the time to do it.

5- Apply the Zaino.
Use very very sparingly (I can Zaino a car using about 1/4oz.
On your first try, I would recommend filling one of the ZFX bottles 1/2 full, that will give you 1oz.

Add 2 drops of ZFX and shake the bottle for at least 1 minute

Spray Z-6 on the car, one section at a time and wipe down lightly.
When you have wiped down the car with Z-6, now apply several "squirts" of Z-6 to the applicator pad.

I only use 1/2 of the pad for application and the other 1/2 of the pad "to hold on to".
You will also use less product this way.

If during application it feels like it is getting harder to apply, a couple more squirts of Z-6 to the applicator pad will help.

After you have applied Zaino to the car, check to make sure it is dry enough to wipe off..., do the "finger test"

"Finger test"- lightly pull your finger across the paint. If the Zaino comes off easily, without streaking, etc, etc, it is ready to buff off.
If it does streak of feels like it may be hard to remove, wait a little while longer...

Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow~ thank you guys!
it is very pleasure to know all the information you posted for me.
I will do as you instructed and hoply can take some picture and will post it on.

I thank you all again.

Jung woo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.