Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed a couple of fine scratches on the top of my hood. Have no idea how they got there. If I rub over them I do not feel and indentation or scratch mark but only can see them. Anyone give me a step by step process on how to get them out? Color is Diamond Graphite

TIA

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
1. go to auto store and buy McGuires Scratch X or Kit Scratch Out (my personal fav.)
2. clean area
3. apply product to cotton cloth
4. rub like heck
5. wipe with clean cloth
6. repeat as needed

Really, that's about it; I'm sure other's could provide more detailed or different advice b/c there's a lot of things you could do, but on that color, it shouldn't be that tough to get it to the point where it's unnoticable.

Oh, and I'm moving this thread to the detailing forum (more housecleaning) 8)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will Zaino Z-5 fix or eliminate fine scratches? I have some fine scratches on my hood that looks like they were made with a pin scraped on the surface. Was wondering if Z-5 would fix or cosmetically reduce their appearance?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
FXcellent said:
Will Zaino Z-5 fix or eliminate fine scratches? I have some fine scratches on my hood that looks like they were made with a pin scraped on the surface. Was wondering if Z-5 would fix or cosmetically reduce their appearance?
I use Zaino, and yes it will. Dont get impatient with the application though. Do as it recommends, and it may take more than one coat.

Always follow up with a coat of Z2 as the end coat.

If it does not get it out, you can always try a clay bar in that spot again. 50/50 shot on it pulling it out.

If neither works, the dealership or a high end paint shop can wet sand it and "move" the paint around if needed. I would do this last result unless it is just killing you.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXcellent, i thought you were anti-Zaino and slept with Zymol under your pillow! ...waazzzuup cuz?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right. But I felt so dang guilty for bashing Zaino, I am going to give it a try. I will post my results later this week!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
loyalty is overated, if it's effective , saves time/money with same/better results , i'm in. like i just did the WAXING FRENZY thing sat. and still had time to actually DRIVE the fx ...**** that was fun - Zaino this! oh i'm gonna get it now / run for cover. - that wasn't very KLASSE of me, then again i'm just a POORBOY who uses MF alot!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PINITI-FX, Are you a Zaino believer? If so, I have a question.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
never touch the stuff! it's addictive ya know + i don't think i could handle it , although it could save fuel. yeah 6hrs. cleaning vs. real life driving / less trips to the pump and more trips to the hose. ...maybe thats the key to better fuel economy! whatasmartassIR. - I am now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts