Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'04 Black 35 w/ Touring, Tech, Sport with 7000 miles on it.
Bought it about 3 months ago and love it! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Sweet pics!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
did you have the bug deflector from new, or did you add on after? and if so did you notice a signifigant difference? looks sharp!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PINITI-FX said:
did you have the bug deflector from new, or did you add on after? and if so did you notice a signifigant difference? looks sharp!
It is OEM. I bought it from the dealer and put it on by myself. It took about 30min. I thought about putting on the "clear bra" but I didn't think it was necessary. This bug deflecotr looks nice on black FX and I'm happy with the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
have you noticed a signifigant difference in bug deflection? like on windshield etc. how much$ ?, was any drilling needed ...and yes it does look cool. also what is that box near your rear view mirror?

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
speaking for myself, the bug deflector really keeps most of the critters off the windsheild. no drilling required. instructions looked intimidating, but once you get going it's really quite an easy install. here's mine after a 600 mile trip.

NOTE: No intention to hijack this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the bug deflector on mine also (DG w/ willow/black interior). I bought it and had the dealer throw it on (for free) when I took delivery on my FX.

I think I drive too fast for the deflector to do its advertised job, but it adds a GREAT contrast of black to my silverish paint and chrome grill.

I totally bought it for asthetic value.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
LMAO :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
that's cold... funny but cold.... :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
it seems to help bring out the black trim all around the car. looks nice - just checking to see if anyone with liquid copper has done this and if so might you share a picture with us, thanks.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
hey you guys, i bought one and when i got to instruc tion #5 it speaks about a bumper stop included in kit - does that go next to the stop already under the hood or does it replace the original one that is already under the hood? (fig. 5)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PINITI-FX said:
hey you guys, i bought one and when i got to instruc tion #5 it speaks about a bumper stop included in kit - does that go next to the stop already under the hood or does it replace the original one that is already under the hood? (fig. 5)
It replaces the original ones but please keep the old ones for future reference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
no affence to you guys but i think the bug defelector ruins the look of the car... id rather have dead bugs on the winshield then that plastic cover ! ! !

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't have a bug deflector but i think it looks very nice and does not ruin the look. I'll get me one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts