Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All, Happy Turkey Day! Here's the skinny...
I ordered a 2005 FX35 Tour/Sport/Tech, Entertainment, Chrome & XM a few weeks ago. Neither Edmunds or KBB had the 2005 invoice prices listed yet. My husband put a $500 deposit down and Infiniti's internet sales guy quoted me $48435 before tax/tag etc...
I just returned from Edmunds and the invoice is $43821 :shock: !!!
Ok, so, neither my husband nor I have signed anything, I'm not even in the US right now, and won't be till the 1st week of Dec. Do I still have a negotiating leg to stand on? Is it like in the Devil's Advocate when Keanu Reeves asks "Are we negotiating" and Al replies "Always." (Sorry, I digress) What should I do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Absolutely - you can still negotiate! The deposit is not a commitment to buy. I have a deposit on an FX35 right now and they assured me that it would be completely refundable if I changed my mind. Negotiate as if the deposit were not there, and make it clear that you're willing to take your business elsewhere if need be. I wouldn't expect to come too far below MSRP on an '05, but I also wouldn't expect to pay full MSRP. Best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts