Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my new (used 03) 45. Compared to my 330Ci I'm over all happy and pleased with my Infiniti. Power about the same, handling about the same as well. I actually like the softer leather that so many people complain about. I think german cars with leather is stiffer and uncomfortable. Ride is as harsh, but I love the ground clearance. A few small things I wish Infiniti would do like illuminate the steering wheel buttons, that is very handy on BMW's, and include rain sensing wieldshield wipers. It might be picky but for the money were spending we can be. I had to pull the car into the neighbors back yard to get a good pic from above.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice.
I see a trend in this org. There are lots of previous or current E46 bimmer owners getting FXs...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
very nice....good color choice too :D .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Man....nice car...bit next time take off that "TOYOTA" dealer plate first... :D :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they are toyo's brand new...the dealer put them on for me before purchase, but they didnt balance them.

I know the toyota plate......Those pics were the second day I had the car, and I hadn't had time to remove it yet.

·
Registered
520 Posts
nice cars...Ive had both cars and from experience I think the FX has better acceleration and top speed even though it is a "crossover" and weighs about 1,000lbs more then the bmw.
very good choices.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
0-60 isnt everything too. if a car does o-60 in 6.2 and the FX 6.3, the fx still might be faster in the 1/4 and from rolling WOT acceleration.

and then of course....there is the driver :)

put a good diver in either car and you might see a big difference no matter which they are in ;)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
bradical said:
*0-60 isnt everything too....and then of course....there is the driver :) ...put a good diver in either car and you might see a big difference no matter which they are in ;)
I totally agree with Bradical, otherwise everyone in America can qualify for Motortrend Test Drivers. :p
*Bjividen,
What a lucky you, NO front bumper lisence plate holes and what a beautiful road you have there, I meant good for racing. :p

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
bradical said:
0-60 isnt everything too. if a car does o-60 in 6.2 and the FX 6.3, the fx still might be faster in the 1/4 and from rolling WOT acceleration.

and then of course....there is the driver :)

put a good diver in either car and you might see a big difference no matter which they are in ;)
FX45 0-60 in 6.3?? I thought it was 6.7 and FX35 was 7.2
man am I too obsessed with 0-60 numbers?? :D

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
FX45 6.3
FX35 RWD 6.8
FX35 AWD 7.3

as per the marketing materials

a lot of guys with RWD can get right up there with the 45s on 0-60 with mods, but its hard with an AWD.

part of me wished they made just a RWD 45 :shock: , but i really like AWD for one thing only and thats coming in and out of hard corners. i could do just fine with RWD in the snow.....its called put the FX in the garage and drive wifeys honda :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually do have the holes there, but you cant see them that well from the pic. Yeah, one of the few good things about living in West Virginia is not having to put a front plate on. I haven't figured out many other pluses for living here yet :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
bjividen said:
Compared to my 330Ci . . . handling about the same as well.
Hate to be disagreeable, but as great as the FX handles, it does not handle like an E46. Heavier, taller, and a much harsher ride. Physics is physics. Still, it's amazing how well the FX does handle, considering its dimensions. And it's way faster than my 325.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.