Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love this car...it's got everything i wanted but couple missing features such as auto-lock, auto mirror tilt when in reverse, and rain sensor....BUT my biggest concern right now is it is too thirsty for gas...i think this will be just the weekend car and my e46 will probably be the commuter...

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Very nice, love the color you chose.

Jim

·
Registered
320 Posts
Ditto on the color, I have a question. 45 right? Did your dealer add the 20's or did you get sport also?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
Ditto on the color, I have a question. 45 right? Did your dealer add the 20's or did you get sport also?
It's not an option on a 45; you always get 20" wheels and the sport suspension. But maybe I misunderstood your question.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You sure? I know it was that way for '03s, but thought it WAS optional for '04.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Correct, that's the reason for the question. I thought it was an option on the 04.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sweet!

I thought the sports package came with a chrome roof rack, too. But maybe it's different with the 45.

D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Fairly certain. Here's the specs for a 2004 FX45 (from the Infiniti website):

Standard Features

Mechanical
- Sport-tuned suspension

Exterior
- 8-spoke, 20" aluminum allow wheels with 265/60R20 all season tires

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
particlefx said:
MustGoFastR said:
Fairly certain. Here's the specs for a 2004 FX45 (from the Infiniti website):

Standard Features

Mechanical
- Sport-tuned suspension

Exterior
- 8-spoke, 20" aluminum allow wheels with 265/60R20 all season tires
Yep, looks like you're right; just checked it out myself.

Oooo, you can option out the new M on their website now....

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Devon said:
I thought the sports package came with a chrome roof rack, too. But maybe it's different with the 45.
2003 FX45: no roof rails standard, black rails optional.
2004 FX45: black rails standard, aluminum rails optional w/ Premium package (there is no sport package).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, one question I have is the seats..

I noticed mine is the 1 pc leather, which i do not like since they crack easier..

However, some FX have the perforated?? (the ones with the holes) that allow the leather to breath better and thus less prone to crack....So is this an option or??? I saw this type of seat on the 04 FX35 as well as a 03 FX45 but not on mine....

Here's what i am talking about:

vs.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The weird part is both 03 and 04 cars have them...it is almost a random thing and when i asked my salesperson, he has no idea either....

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Very nice pics. 8)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
All Willlow is perforated (the perf. leather is less sturdy, BTW; holes and all.), Graphite is smooth and Brick has a grain to it. In the G35, the Graphite is perforated as well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
All Willlow is perforated (the perf. leather is less sturdy, BTW; holes and all.), Graphite is smooth and Brick has a grain to it. In the G35, the Graphite is perforated as well.
Less sturdy? Do you mean that it's more likely to tear? I've only heard of one person complain about their willow seats. Other than the rocking seat problem (taking care of that tomorrow during my 15k maint.), which doesn't have anything to do with the leather, mine are perfect, and I've been bouncing 215lbs on it for over a year :lol:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MustGoFastR said:
Thanks for the explaination...i acutally like the grain on the brick the best since it is the least prone to leather crack imo....

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Less sturdy? Do you mean that it's more likely to tear?
No way! Didn't you ever see "Crack In The Word" (1965)? As a fault line is traveling around the earth, it is stopped when it hits a volcano. Oh, wait... I forgot, it actually divides into two cracks and goes around the hole. Nevermind, your seats are screwed. :wink: :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
particlefx said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
Less sturdy? Do you mean that it's more likely to tear?
No way! Didn't you ever see "Crack In The Word" (1965)? As a fault line is traveling around the earth, it is stopped when it hits a volcano. Oh, wait... I forgot, it actually divides into two cracks and goes around the hole. Nevermind, your seats are screwed. :wink: :D
Yeah, I remember that movie...but I think it was a left wing plot to get our assult weapons from us...oops, wrong thread :-x :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts