Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah. I've been working on this for a while now, but finally pulled the trigger Monday.

As everyone knows, it was pretty miserable up and down the East Coast Monday, and there I was, driving around in the mess trying to make my best deal on the car.

But that's done. And I'm the proud owner of a new 05 FX35 in Diamond Graphite over Brick. Wasn't sure of the color combo. But after seeing the Brick interior in person, I had to have it. Diamond Graphite has always been my favorite exterior color, but I was unsure how it would work with Brick. Turns out it works very well. Couldn't be happier with the color combo.

Car is not loaded, but did come with pretty much exactly what I wanted - touring package and sport package. Also had cargo area protector (very nice), splash gaurds (eh... could do without, really), silver roof rail crossbars (again, could do without, and I really think I'm gonna remove the rails completely), and Sirius radio. I have a buddy that swears by Sirius, so I guess i'm pretty happy to have it.

Initial impressions? What a fantastic car. Drives like a tall 350Z. Gotta love that. Interior is soooo beautiful in Brick. The etched aluminum interior trim is really nice, too. I love all the toys, and I'm voraciously reading my manual so I can get them all up and running.

Because of the crappy weather conditions, I had the dealer just wash it and perform a partial interior prep on it yesterday. Gonna bring it back in later in the week for the full detail and prep - very nice of them to accomodate me like that. In all, my dealership experience was fantastic with them.

Can't wait to put more miles on it and open it up. Oh, and get that Stillen STB I ordered back before I even had my FX installed. Hahahah.

I have some pictures of it I'll post here soon. Kinda dirty, but blame that on the weather.

I'm on walking on water here. What a car. I should have done this a lot earlier.

Matthew

·
Registered
509 Posts
Matthew, Congrats. It's about time. Sounds like you're pleased with your deal and that's the only thing that counts. Looking forward to the pics after chatting with you on this forum for the past couple of weeks. 8)

PS: 75 degrees today in Phoenix and we're headed to 80 by Friday. :twisted: Gotta love it!! 8)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it's been a long journey. Big thanks to everyone here - especially those that helped me out with contacts at dealers and general advice.

As promised, here are some pics. Yeah, it's dirty. I'll get some pictures of it after the final dealer detailing later this week.

Matthew

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Now drive and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last one - sorry about the bandwidth! hahahah

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the group 8)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I see you did get the Sirius with the stupid roof mount antenna. I guess that will be your second mod after you install your new STB.

By the way the Stillen STB turned out to be pretty expensive since you had to go buy an FX to go with it. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
matt,

is your new ride RWD or AWD?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
very nice 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Congrats.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Congrats Matt! Now get that STB on~ and you can officially take the title "Last one to put on STB" :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
matt, where are you!?!? .... you're not driving instead of sitting at the computer posting on the ORG ar you ? :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.