Registered
2009 FX50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all all y'all
finally got me FX and V8 because
not sport
will be hunting for QX70 V8
previous and current owner of multiple 06 m35x and a parts car which I'll be getting rid of promptly
and a current owner of RX-8 (lightning yellow) that's work in process, bought halfdead in '16 and still running + plus a parts car
also have old fj80 hoping to project it, but low priority so probably will be getting rid of it
that's about it i guess

·
Registered
2009 FX50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This doesn't seem like a very active forum
but i'll try
issues:
  • leaking front struts
  • leaking steering rack
  • missing boots on rear struts

-options for struts : replace front and boot rear OR go aftermarket (preferably ride height adjustable)
if aftermarket what are some of good options?
-options for steering rack: repair OR buy rebuilt OR ...

thinking of upgrades:
1. down rim size up tire size ...
I like beefy tires look, with possibly white letters on the side (if any one knows pictures please link),
plus i've had a really positive experience doing this in the past on another vehicle
i have a stock m35x rims
2. upgrade the ATF cooler
3. upgrade the exhaust, free flowing and rumbly tones nothing too obnoxious, if possible with a switch gate for a quiet mode
4. maybe a popo style bull bar?

I also have a crazy mod idea possible for the distant future, it would make this car **** near perfect ... but that comes later...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Have you tried to install the M35x rims? I am just wondering if they will fit over the bigger brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
For your suspension you could try BC Racing coilovers. Usually used for a drop but are adjustable.

·
Registered
2009 FX50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ye m35x stock 18s don't fit because of brakes from the front. should work with about a half inch maybe 20mm spacer. but i don't want spacers.
so going to look for a rim that will go around the brakes and is wider, maybe just less of an offset, also got to keep in mind the rear lip + tire bulge, not much to play with over there

feel free to throw ideas

·
Registered
2009 FX50
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also i don't really want to drop the car, just lover it for highway use and lift for entrances and a bit of off the road crawl

·
Registered
74 Posts
ye m35x stock 18s don't fit because of brakes from the front. should work with about a half inch maybe 20mm spacer. but i don't want spacers.
so going to look for a rim that will go around the brakes and is wider, maybe just less of an offset, also got to keep in mind the rear lip + tire bulge, not much to play with over there

feel free to throw ideas
Keep us updated on what wheels you get. I also prefer the smaller wheel/bigger tire option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts