Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me long enough, but I finally did it! I got an '05 FX35 diamond graphite/graphite fully loaded = touring, tech, sport, MES, sirius.... The car is fantastik! Thanks to everyone for putting up with all my questions the last few months.

The car is great. I think it looks twice as good in my driveway as it did at the dealers :D I really like the new tail lights, especially with the DG. The interior looks great, although I do think my leather is already starting to crease a little. I'll have to give it a little time and see where it goes. I actually like the new aluminum trim = looks like it will not scratch near as bad and is pretty sporty. The radio sounds great and sirius is a lot of fun! I'm still trying to get used to all the shortcuts I'm finding along the way. I keep searching the forum to get little answers. So far my favorite feature has to be the keyless entry!!

The ride was a little more firm than I remembered - and I must have driven 20 of them including a few extended test drives. The tire pressure was at 38. I lowered it to 35 and it definintely helped a little. I'll lower it down to 32 once this warm streak is over. But all in all the ride is smooth and fun! The break-in time is hard! But at least it'll get me better mileage over the holidays :wink:

I'll try and post some pics at some point, but with the holidays and trying to sell my old car...... Thanks again for all the input - I'm thrilled to be an FX gal!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
ooo . i think you and sweet are the only two gals here...actually BellaFX too....so 3 :)

did you get the car at rosenthal?

congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
848 Posts
Congrats and welcome! If this keeps up we'll need to start a NOVA FX club! 8) Can't let them Houston boys have all the fun. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I got the car at Passport in Alexandria. I live right down the road so it's really convenient. Plus, Rosenthal wasn't really willing to deal.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
kflanary said:
Actually I got the car at Passport in Alexandria. I live right down the road so it's really convenient. Plus, Rosenthal wasn't really willing to deal.
he he ... that doesnt suprise me :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Congratulations kflanary... :wav:

·
Registered
59 Posts
NoVa Club

NOVA club... count me in.

Also, you would make me very happy if you told me my post about the bad dealer experience at Jim Coleman somwehat influenced your decision.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
we should set up a meet one of these days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My experience with Coleman was a little different. But that was because I actually knew the used car sales manager there. I bought my Lexus from him when he was at Lindsay Lexus. So he cut me a pretty good deal. I just decided to use a more local dealer - Passport is literally in my backyard! I will admit though, the first time I went to Coleman, the sales guy I had about drove me crazy constantly calling me. I finally had to tell him to lay off. That was when I was looking at the 04's. When I went back to look at the 05's my old acquantance (sp?) was there and I got much more professional service. I still find that Passport is the most professional of the three and the guys there are great! Of course they probably cut me a good deal just to get rid of me I'd been there so much :twisted: But hey - in the end I bought!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I'm still trying to convince the wifey! :D

How much did you end up paying?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Congrats; looks like Christmas came a little early :wink:

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!! May see you rollin' on 95 or 295 one day!!!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Congrats

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts