Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't seem to upload, I attach them, says it goes through fine but then nothing shows up???

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Make sure they are below 125kb and only try to attach three pics per post (most I've been able to do). If that's not it, I don't know what it could be as you've obviously posted pics and noy had this issue before. Hope you get it figured out soon; I want to see 'em!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
As an installer for 14 years i can honestly say nice job. But I might have painted the enclosure your outside color (black) or brick to match the interior. The silver does match the aluminum trim of the interior though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,

I thought about black but with the whole trunk black and all the equipment black nothign would stand out. I wanted people to notice it and not have everything blend in. I still may do the trim in the brick interior if I can find. I thought about painting it the brick color but it won't match... We will just have to see...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
looks great! there goes ur trunk space tho haha. still got the back seat tho luckily! I want to do something custom like that some day.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can still use the trunk. I have grills over the subs... and if I put down an towel I still have the whole trunk.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
might be an idea but a bit of a pain in the ass to put in and take out when you need it. It isn't something i would want on there all the time. I will just have to see how it goes...

·
Registered
551 Posts
4Tyson,
Dude, breath a big sigh of relief.....it looks awesome....man I need to feel it kickin' tho.heheheheh

You be back to 20Hz anytime this week ?
FX4U2C

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks excellent!! Have you had time to test it? How does it sound? I assume with the FX rock solid build quality the system must sound **** tight!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello,

Thanks for the compliments.. yes it is starting to look good. As for the sound we are having a few problems. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it will sound amazing when it is done. Unfortunatly when we finished it the other night at 2 am there wasn't enough time to do all the little nitty gritty things that help clean it up. It will probably need the following things to be done

1) Centre channel frequency has to be changed. That speaker is screaming and throwing the staging off.

2) Sub box is leaking a bit so they need a better seal around the subs

3) There is a nasty rattle from the back of the car when the subs kick in. That rattle is throwing off the sound quality. The bumper may have to come off and sprayed with some foam.

4) Trim panels in the trunk should be re-covered in carpet. May re-do the panel in the glove box for the eq

5) Lights to light up the sub enclosure.

Once that is all done it should sound awesome. The XM radio is incredible. For anyone that doesn't have it I suggest getting it. I should be at 20hz this week. One of the crossovers for the components wasn't working so I am waiting for them to send in another one. I will let you know when I am heading up there.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice man. tweaking never dies, lol. Any sign of engine noise or hi pitch hiss ? everything else (audio ) should be easlily fixed.

XM radio, yummmy. how does in appear on the lcd ? cant wait to see it.

I bet you are glad to be back in the beast !!

FX4U2C

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello,

Yes, it is glad to be back in the fx. It just seems so powerful after driving around in an accent all week. If anyone doens't appreciate the power, go out and rent an accent for a week and then get back into the fx. It feels like a rocket.

The XM radio shows up really well on the screen. It is easy to find the stations you are looking for.

So far no hiss, pops, or engine noise. Although we did have a problem with the soundgate module so I had to go out and by a different one from pheonix gold today. Not happy about that but what are you going to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts