Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in the heck is it? Can't find it - dealership wants ridiculous money just to refill - all suggestions appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
I wasn't aware that there was a separate reservoir for the back wiper. I always though it was tubing to the front reservoir. I'm not even sure that I have used my rear spray.

·
Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
114 Posts
There is only one wiper reservoir and according to this diagram below our wiper reservoir has 2 pumps.

I accessed this area when I had to change-out / disconnect the reservoir water level sensor, because my dash light was always on. (You can find the thread for more information.)

…And I think you have to remove the front bumper cover to access the plastic reservoir. IDK. Hopefully, to replace just a wiper motor you can remove the bottom plastic skid plates and trim pieces, in that area around the bottom, while leaving the plastic reservoir mounted in place? …Please let us know after you perform this service.

First I would take a look at the attached .pdf file and verify your fuses don't need cleaning. Over time, I can tell you, in my case, oxidation affected my fuse block that lead to a "no-start" condition on 1 out of every 5 attempts when I turned the key. …And sometimes it became 2 out of every 5 attempts when I turned the key when it was hot outside.

The dealer told me I needed a new starter, but ever since I cleaned ALL the fuses in the fuse block next to the brake pedal my engine starts 100% of the time with every turn of the key.

So I’m guessing all us FX35/45 owner should clean this fuse block as good preventative maintenance when it comes to BCM electrical concerns.

I also recommend you review the attached .pdf file that shows how your rear wiper motor is controlled by the BCM. And that fuse #1 and #22 power the BCM.

Note/Tip: A weak ground to the BCM may also be suspect. And sometimes it is easier to add a ground wire then it is to find the dirty or corroded ground point. So I recommend doing this for extra measure. Most certainly, after 10+ years (15+ in my case) it’s a good idea to clean the battery ground cables to the frame.

On last point: I found Infiniti and Nissan use the same pumps, but often have different wire harnesses. I also found a number of older Infiniti electrical parts are discontinued. So please let us know if you can still get the reservoir pumps and what the part number is? If not, you can always take a Nissan pump motor that will fit your Infiniti reservoir and cutoff the wire harness ends, and then hardwire the pump, since it will be the last pump you ever need to replace. Or you can just live with out your rear wiper water squirter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Check this out as an option for the e brake pedal. This fits perfectly over the oem pedal 3Pcs For Mercedes-Benz C E S GLK SLK CLS SL Class Car Pedal Gas Brake Cover Pad | eBay
Off topic but I actually have the G35 e-brake pedal cover sitting in a drawer right now. Just never got around to installing it.

Back to the topic at hand. MWR - good information there. If you do need to remove the bumper cover it is not too hard. I've never had to remove mine but there is a DIY around here somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts