Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the org which is great help with all the postings.

Picked up a used 04 FX this past december and haven't had time to do any mods due to birth of our baby. born during BLIZZARD 2005. got to test out the FX in the snow. Awsome. Since its starting to get warm wanted to change out a couple of items.

Looking to order STB, Z-tube and STillen Intake

Current have a K&N drop in filter.

Also looking on upgrading the headlights and fogs to something brighter. Any thoughts or help?

First time doing MODS. Also own a 2003 G35 which I will be modifying also. Lots of projects.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

You have a lot of reading to do in the FX35 Mod section and their is a Group Buy going on the Stillen in the For Sale Section.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet Fx said:
Welcome to the club :D

You have a lot of reading to do in the FX35 Mod section and their is a Group Buy going on the Stillen in the For Sale Section.
Thanks I saw. I put my name down for it. just waiting the outcome. You hae the 10K HID. Are those your headlights? Which comapny did you get?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I got my lights them from the Group Buy we did a bit back.

Post you are looking for some in the Wanted section. I know some dont like them are sell them every now and then.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great thanks I will. Are yours the sylvan???

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
On the mods, I'd of course suggest the Crawford plenum; it'll go quite nicely with your other breathing mods.

The 10K HIDs are an off brand. Keep in mind they look very cool from the outside (very blue-ish), but actually produce less light output than the stock bulbs. 6 or 8k namebrand HIDs are a nice alternative that give a bit more of a trendy look while not loosing much output at all.

On the fogs, it depends what you are after. Matching the headlights or true fog functionality. For matching the headlights, the best I've seen are Sealman28's true HID 8K fog conversion; VERY cool. For true fog functionality, though, you want to go with a yellow bulb. I had PIAA Ion Yellow bulbs and they looked very cool (had some blue-yellow color shifting) and produce a bright yellow light that cuts through fog very well. One of the guys here has the 10K headlights along with a set of off-brand yellow fogs and the contrast in color looks wicked, so it's really a judgement call as far as what you prefer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet thanks for all the heads up.. Oh yeah and the headlight thing got a little confused but I will bite. No pun intended. Nice Headlights also SWEET :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Boogscraft said:
Hey MustGoFastR, are these the PIAA Yellows that you're talking about?

We get some pretty hefty fog here sometimes and being able to see through it as well as possible would be awesome. Thanks!
Not sure; there are so many PIAA variations, I stopped trying to keep track. The ones I have are H-131 and there's Japanese writing all over the box. Alos keep in mind you need 9006 size, not H4.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
xmen13 said:
Sweet thanks for all the heads up.. Oh yeah and the headlight thing got a little confused but I will bite. No pun intended. Nice Headlights also SWEET :lol:
Thanks...Both sets are Great :oops: :shocked!:

Dont forget about the National Meet :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice where is the meet? I keep reading about all different meets in the different states.

I am here on the east coast. NY/NJ is the homefront.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cool. See if I can make a business trip out there during then for a write off. will be there next week on business also.

Hi to all the FXers out there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.