Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...couple questions...

first off, the horn on my FX sucks! haha...it only has 12,000 km's on it and the horn doesnt work right...
when i press the horn, it will go from a normal sound and then a second later will raise the tone and sound terrible! anyone else have this? i am gonna tell infiniti when i bring it in for an oil change...

second, when the car is running, and the passenger opens the door, it doesnt always beep, and when it does, it will only beep 2 or 3 times and it will flash on the screen maybe once that the "passenger door is open" but will shut off right away even if the door hasnt been shut yet...
is this normal or is something wrong with the sensor?

any help would be awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Never had any problem with my horn and I believe my display continues to show the warning until the door is closed.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
this sounds like some sort of electrical problem with the car that is manifesting itself in a number of areas. you might need to take it into the shop and have them do some diagnositcs

·
Registered
779 Posts
first off, the horn on my FX sucks! haha...it only has 12,000 km's on it and the horn doesnt work right...
when i press the horn, it will go from a normal sound and then a second later will raise the tone and sound terrible! anyone else have this? i am gonna tell infiniti when i bring it in for an oil change...
Have the same problem. I try not to use the horn to avoid the embarasement. I plan to get it fixed when I go get my oil changed... :)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Here's what you can do about the horn: buy the low range horn from a QX4 and add it to yours; just splice it in and munt it as a secondary horn (there's an existing mounting point). That solves the problem and makes the horn much more respectable. That horn is around $40 from EverythingInfiniti.com. I rarely, if ever, use my horn, so I never bothered to do it.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Yep, that's what I'm talking about, but if you do the search, you can get it warrentied (FREE) like I did. :lol: LOUD! & Free.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Yep, that's what I'm talking about, but if you do the search, you can get it warrentied (FREE) like I did. :lol: LOUD! & Free.
Cool. I talked to my SA about it once and he never really followed up with me on getting it done free, so I just let it drop.

·
Registered
172 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Search F/A for the "Q" horn! LOUD!
Tried searching all over for it but couldn't find anything! could you link it for me??

I have gotten run off the road by 2 big rigs already, BOTH TIMES with HORN blaring and apparently it is not LOUD enough :x

If this can be replaced under warranty for free then i'm all over it, otherwise i am definitely going to shell out the $40 for the low range "Q" horn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.