Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am another that is going to try and get away with using a all-season in snow on a 20". Just don't want to have the extra tires around or have to mount/remount. This tire looks like it may work. It has a deeper tread and good looking M&S tread pattern. Any Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Any chance of seeing a pic. of THIS tread design to compare it to the other 2 choices? Here ya go

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have these tires and was looking for something that would be a true all season. After calling many shops, the concensus seemed to be to get snows due to the width of our wheels. I was fortunate to find a set of the Dunlops out of Canada and went that route. Here is a link for the Falken's. I still think these look to have a good pattern for all season, but the H rating would likely mean it would not match performance with the stock RSAs in the summer.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... d=20&ar=50

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Has anybody else tried these out in the NE Snow as a good All-Weather choice?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
I have them and while we havent had as much snow as last year, we have had 4-6 inches a couple of times. They Were ALOT better than the Goodyears. Alot less of the ABS locking up due to loss of traction. Before you had to be very careful when throttling away from a stop while making a turn. Now You can usually use about 75% of the throttle before it wants to spin. At that point I can just ease only slightly while the VDC kicks in and continue with minimal lifting.

In the rain it is like night and day difference. Much better. Overall they are I think the only replacement for the 20's if you are gonna see some snow. Slightly aggressive look and tread pattern, good treadwear, and not too expensive.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
:D When the time comes, it'll either be them or the hankooks probably - but in the meantime, I'm hoping to work out a Toyo opportunity with a local used car mgr :arrow: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8186 :shock: I thought I lost my Search button when they took away the Delete feature! :roll: :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts