Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are shopping for the first set of replacement tires for the FX, and with the mileage we put on the FX a year (~32k) we have opted for an all-season longer lasting tire (see the subject).

During the course of shopping I've found two vendors that list these tires for around the $160 range, but of course both are out of stock, and one of them has complaints with the BBB.

Yesterda the wife called Sears, who happens to be a Falken dealer. Well they offered her IIRC $860 installed for 4 of the above tires.

My concern is having anyone at Sears touch my car. Does anyone know of any better deals on these Falken's? Obviously if I go with sears I will babysit the car and possibly walk around the car with someone pointing out the lack of any scratches on the rims.

Anyone else have any opinions on this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha... ya. I've searched on here. Unfortunatlly there is no Discount Tire close to hear. I mean 90 minutes away would be the closest, but we did call them anyway, and they quote $9xx. So sears is the best "local" place, so far. Their deal works out to about $215/tire installed which isn't a terrible price really. I just want to make sure I get the best deal possible!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Does Tirerack or another on-line place carry them? You can often find the tires cheaper there and then take them to the installer of your choice.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I *want* to do, however the places that have them are either as much (for just the tire) as Sears is, or they don't have them in stock :-(

Starting this thread was kind of my last resort. I am usually pretty good at deal finding, and since I've seen these things for ~$160/each I was hoping someone knew of another place that may actually have them in stock at or near this price...

So far Sears is winning my money

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I called a couple local tire places (I'm in Atlanta). No one has 'em.

However....

...the guy at discount tire called Falken and they have two (2) only in a warehouse somewhere. Not much good. Falken has this specific tire on back order :( and they "should be in abundance" :) within about three (3) weeks.

So, maybe you'll be able to find them near Cinci later this month.

·
Registered
662 Posts
dmtalon said:
haha... ya. I've searched on here. Unfortunatlly there is no Discount Tire close to hear. I mean 90 minutes away would be the closest, but we did call them anyway, and they quote $9xx. So sears is the best "local" place, so far. Their deal works out to about $215/tire installed which isn't a terrible price really. I just want to make sure I get the best deal possible!
Yeah, I was also searching for a good deal on Toyo and gave up. Ended up paying over $1300 including this fee, that fee and free replacement.

I just talked to my tire guy at Discount Tire and he also told me none of warehouses has them and his price was $215 installed.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Being directed to a search on your own forum: priceless. :lol:
Sounds a little condescending doesn't it :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts