Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your question completely but I just installed the XM unit myself this weekend and had a similar question. The only thing that showed on the screen was the XM channel number. I played around and found that if you pushed the tuning knob in and kept pushing the knob so you went through the audio adjustments you would eventually get to the catagory functions for XM.

Once on that screen turn the knob while on that setting and you can switch the main display from channel number to channel name, artist, or song title. If you want all info displayed you push the tuning knob in once while it's in the main display mode and it will show you the XM channel number, name, artist, and song title. Hope this answers the question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Shady. This forum is great. The info posted here gave me confidence that I could do the XM unit/stealth install. Only took a couple of hours and I saved $400 doing it myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up my 2005 FX35 this weekend. I was disappointed that the artist and song did not dosplay, but your post was extremely helpful!

But it does not become the default. Every time I turn the car off and on, it reverts to no info. Any way to make the change permanent?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry but I haven't figured that one out. The display reverts back to the base setting (artist, station, or song title, etc.) once you shut off the system. I've also noticed that you cannot manually scroll through the channels when the multiple line display is on either. You have to get back to the base display setting to manually scroll through the XM dial. So far I haven't figured out a solution to either problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My new 05 FX has XM and I'm still figuring it out. My 04 FX had Sirius. I always kept song title as the defaut so that on the bottom of the nav screen it would display. I notice that with this car and XM (don't know which is the problem) I'm only getting 10 characters displayed on the screen. It is only about half way across the rest is blank. Even when I press the audio button to show the artist etc. it only shows 10 characters, though there is room for about 30. It's frustrating because 10 characters is rarely enough for the complete song title, artist etc. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to correct it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The amount of characters for XM radio is one of its drawbacks. I think its been discussed elsewhere on this board but I am not sure. Sirus will display full information as XM is limited to 10 characters for some reason. Correct me if I am wrong on this matter.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Leadfoot said:
I'm only getting 10 characters displayed on the screen.
Disappointing, isn't it? It's why I went with Sirius in the first place (that, and the now-resolved "Loading" issue) before listening to either before buying- and ended up so very disappointed. I'm switching to XM because I much prefer the content, but it's been an expensive lesson.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any idea if XM has any plans to resolve the issue? Is it on all systems or specific to our units? It seems ridiculous to only allow 10 characters. Most titles, artists, are more like 20-30 characters. I'm glad to hear that you like the content of XM because I wanted Sirius since I already had it in my 04 FX and am familiar with the stations. Besides, they're getting Nascar next year. The dealer was giving me a hard time about changing Xm out to Sirius and since this was the only FX45 with the colors and packages I wanted in So. Cal I decided not to press the issue.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Leadfoot said:
Any idea if XM has any plans to resolve the issue? Is it on all systems or specific to our units?
It's a Clarion issue- they're the ones who make the recievers for Nissan.

The dealer was giving me a hard time about changing Xm out to Sirius and since this was the only FX45 with the colors and packages I wanted in So. Cal I decided not to press the issue.
Whoa- you've got XM and want to switch to Sirius, and you're in SoCal!? We can talk! (Most of us who got our Satellite recievers that weren't factory installed did the installs ourselves).

I'll even throw in the 11 months or so remaining on my Sirius subscription for free (yes, I hate it that much!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Whoa- you've got XM and want to switch to Sirius, and you're in SoCal!? We can talk!
Hmmmm... Let me try out the XM for a little while and if I decide to switch to Sirius I'll PM you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would LOVE to come but my calendar is full Saturday all day. Kids sports and school activities etc.... It's the last weekend before end of school year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.