Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best deal that I can get *installed* at a dealer is $695 for the factory tow hitch. This is about $200 off full retail.

Has anyone else had better luck?

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
trojanman said:
The best deal that I can get *installed* at a dealer is $695 for the factory tow hitch. This is about $200 off full retail.

Has anyone else had better luck?
Trojan-

Which dealership is this?? I may have to jump on this too!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just got quoted a similar price form Nationwide Infiniti in Timonium MD, $350 for the Hitch $100 for the wiring, 2.5 hours of laber to install $260. Total $710. I think I'm going with a roof rack for the bikes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of respect for the deal, I'll keep the dealer name private for now. This is a one-off deal because there were a series of small screw ups during the sales process. They are making it up to me by fixing their own problems and offering me large discounts on a couple accessories.

But, at least now you all know what "bottom line" pricing is on the installed tow-hitch.

Also, if anyone is interested, my friend is the fleet manager @ a Ford dealer and he said that they lowest price he can sell a Lojack for is $495. Most dealers start at $995 and settle somewhere around $695. Good info to know!

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
trojanman said:
They are making it up to me by fixing their own problems and offering me large discounts on a couple accessories.
NPC above was quoted $710...that's only $15 different than what the dealer is "making it up" for you.... I am sure they won't mind if more people come to their dealer to get the hitch installed...

p.s. - I live way to far to even think about going to that dealer. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
npc2396 said:
I just got quoted a similar price form Nationwide Infiniti in Timonium MD, $350 for the Hitch $100 for the wiring, 2.5 hours of laber to install $260. Total $710. I think I'm going with a roof rack for the bikes.
Make sure you get a full tray and not a fork mount. Given the height of the FX and the way the sides bow out, you remove the front wheel, I'd bet big money you get some great gouges in your roof.

Lojack is pretty useless. Not even worth the cash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've used many different racks in the past and must admit I like the fork mounts the best. I am worried about slipping and putting a nice scratch in the roof though. I had a yakima king cobra rack that was a full tray were the bike mounted with the front wheel attached and it was a bear to put the bike on a car. The fork mounts are much easier to lift. Grab the fork and the seat tube and it's up and on.

I saw a custom made hitch mount bike rack for the FX over at fresh alloy forum. I emailed the company several times but haven't gotten a return. I think the name is Hi-performance? Any experiences them?

The Deal I got from nationwide wasn't a deal. I walked in and asked how much would it be to install a tow hitch and wire harness.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shong43826 said:
NPC above was quoted $710...that's only $15 different than what the dealer is "making it up" for you.... I am sure they won't mind if more people come to their dealer to get the hitch installed...
Every dealer is different. I used to own a Porsche, and most dealers in this area (LA/OC) would charge an arm and a leg for everything. However, there was one dealer in Florida that advertised in all the Porsche magazines that they had the lowest Porsche parts prices in the country.

I suspect that this may be a similar case, given that so many other people have reported that my $695 price is a "deal".

They gave me a free XM tuner, free chrome wheels, and 25% off a couple other parts. I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Grubbs in Dallas added mine for 700 including the harness/extras.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.