Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I may have some discouraging news....I asked my service advisor to check on the g37 brakes and he had the mechanics measure them and they won't even bolt up to the FX. I can't confirm anything 100% but he is a cool guy and has never seemed to brush me off before. But the good news is that the 2009 fx50 might have bigger brakes ! think positive!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
player19 said:
I may have some discouraging news....I asked my service advisor to check on the g37 brakes and he had the mechanics measure them and they won't even bolt up to the FX. I can't confirm anything 100% but he is a cool guy and has never seemed to brush me off before. But the good news is that the 2009 fx50 might have bigger brakes ! think positive!!
someone installed them on a 1st gen G35 sedan and a lot of custom modding to it...b etter off w/ a BBK

·
Registered
5 Posts
All,
I just performed this brake upgrade on my 04 FX35. I used the 4-pison calipers from an 09 FX50S which are the same as the G37 I think. Either way I purchased the Front calipers, rotors, & pads from an 09 FX50S (everything is Stop-tech from Rockauto) and they are a direct bolt-on. I paid $360 for the entire front kit. I Keep the rear stock as most of the braking is done from the front. I did upgrade the pads and installed new rotors to the rear while I was at it. I also upgraded all the brake lines to stainless steel lines from Stop-tech. Again everything was a direct bolt-on.

The only issue I had was that my stock 20" wheels didn't clear the large caliper. I had to add a 1/2" or 15mm wheel spacers to clear the large caliper. Below are some install photos. I spent about $600 for everything, front and rear rotors and pads, front calipers, S.S. lines, and wheel spacers. Very cheap from RockAuto.

All I need to do is bleed the calipers and take it out for a test run. I'll let everyone know if it was worth it.

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally finished my brake installation and took the car for a test drive. All I can say is that the car now stops on a dime. Definitely worth doing this upgrade and best of all it's only a couple of hundred dollars versus the original brakes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fantastic @dan222000 , sending you a PM in regards to confirming the specific items you purchsed from RockAuto to make it a simple bolt-up application. No banjo bolts or any other specific hardware was needed?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts