Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the Infiniti showroom last night and noticed a G37s sitting there. It has larger rotors and four piston fixed calipers front, two piston rear. I wonder if they would fit on my 45? They looked like they would clear the factory 20's, the G37 had 19" wheels.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I called infiniti parts and they are on the back order for two month, so as soon as they will be available they'll call me to see if rotors and calipers will fit to fx.... it cost about $2.000 for everything rotors + calipers all around......

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought that the 06 or maybe the 07 FX already had four caliper brakes as standard? This may be another way to go if the G37 unit doesn't fit.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
rustyeleio said:
I thought that the 06 or maybe the 07 FX already had four caliper brakes as standard? This may be another way to go if the G37 unit doesn't fit.
I have 06 and nope it's not four pot. I think it has thicker rotors than 05 and below but the calipers should be basically the same except the thickness they cover..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those G37S brakes sure would be a nice upgrade. I wish there was a way to tell if they would just bolt on to the FX...

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
oh, I'd say it's confirmed that they definatley might fit :wink:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
the funny thing is the OEM G37 sport brakes makes the wheels have a 43 offset front and 45 mm offset rears

·
Registered
229 Posts
FX45_TX said:
I was in the Infiniti showroom last night and noticed a G37s sitting there. It has larger rotors and four piston fixed calipers front, two piston rear. I wonder if they would fit on my 45? They looked like they would clear the factory 20's, the G37 had 19" wheels.
lol...yeah, the same thing was going through my brain when I saw the G37 brakes. Whats strange though is that they arent Brembo designed anymore, but rather some other Japanese company (I forgot who they said it was). Apparently, Nissan had a falling out with Brembo. Im also interested in whether these brakes will fit the FX....the guys at the stealership werent much help. :?

·
Registered
153 Posts
aryaboston said:
rustyeleio said:
I have 06 and nope it's not four pot. I think it has thicker rotors than 05 and below but the calipers should be basically the same except the thickness they cover..
the 06 and up does have a larger (thicker) rotor than previous years. I tried to upgrade based on 05 info and failed. the dealer brought me in to show me the difference between the 05 and 06 (front rotors and pads)...big difference...

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Well couldn't you just replace everything, i.e., rotors, calipers, pads from the G37 and put them into the FX?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Dr.2K said:
Well couldn't you just replace everything, i.e., rotors, calipers, pads from the G37 and put them into the FX?
That was the original question of the thread I believe.. I wonder if they returned to Dancer on that..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, that was my original question: Will the rotors and calipers from the G37 fit the '06 FX? Might need the caliper bracket too, and possibly longer brake lines (but I doubt it).
I really want a brake upgrade for my '06 FX45, but I am not putting wheel spacers on it, ever.
My last vehicle was an '03 Mitsubishi Evolution so I am used to having fantastic brakes. I am not saying that the FX has bad brakes, they are just not what I have become used to.
I sure wish someone would verify whether the G37 brakes will work or not. If they do, they are going to be on national back order because we will buy up the local dealer supply in a hurry!

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Only one way to verify. Take the plunge and be the lab rat for us all FX45_TX. They do look nice.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Dr.2K said:
Only one way to verify. Take the plunge and be the lab rat for us all FX45_TX. They do look nice.
There's a chance that you'll be spending $2000+ and end up just being a rat.. :D Instead I'd check these first:
- Is the rotor size/thickness the same?
- What are the pad shapes? Are they the same?
- Will you be able to mount the calipers, do they mount the same way?

I'd assume if these are the same, our abs would probably work with these new brakes.. And the best way to learn these is to go to a good service advisor, push them to learn these..[/u]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was hoping that someone who works at an Infiniti dealer in the service department might be able to "borrow" the rotor and caliper of a G37 and see if it fits the FX. I guess another option would be to find a wrecked G37 to get the parts from, but I am sure those would be hard to find currently.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Giving this another bump. Inquiring minds want to know.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts