Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing Kenny get the boot I decided to register here, I noticed a lot of members jumping ship. I have to do a search (haha) and see if we can post pics without hosting them.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
CL2FX said:
I have to do a search (haha)
Heh. But seriously, couldn't y'all see the value in my imploring folks to use the "search" function, rather than starting new threads about stuff that got covered into the ground ("35/45", "gas mileage", "break-in", "what we paid", etc.)? I wasn't kidding when I said I must have read fully half of the 40,000 posts before I bought my FX- you just don't want surprises before you drop $48Gs on a car!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definately agree, I used to bs on Acura-Cl.com and the same thing would go on there. Sometimes on the same page 2 or 3 posts on the same topic. I really can't beleive they banned you w/o a formal notice, thats pretty weak. I get a kick out of your humor! I just posted pics of my rides, finally a forum you don't have to have hosting to post a pic!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Agreed, that is weak (FA banning people).

Well welcome aboard folks. Since the forum is categorized, I doubt Kenny needs to force the search issue here much.

·
Registered
42 Posts
kcrudup said:
CL2FX said:
I have to do a search (haha)
Heh. But seriously, couldn't y'all see the value in my imploring folks to use the "search" function, rather than starting new threads about stuff that got covered into the ground ("35/45", "gas mileage", "break-in", "what we paid", etc.)? I wasn't kidding when I said I must have read fully half of the 40,000 posts before I bought my FX- you just don't want surprises before you drop $48Gs on a car!
Hey Kenny, if everyone comes over here, you won't have to worry about that for a good long while since there isn't enough historical content to search on :wink: :p

·
Registered
706 Posts
Last time I checked FA was down again. That should quicken the transition.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Like a bad habit, I pulled up FA this morning....the traffic there appears to have died off drastically! Here's hoping that the fun and the freedom to express opinions continues here :wink:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
pjo1966 said:
you could always scream at them to do a search over at FA before asking a dumb question here! :D
Too true. There's a lot of good info. posted there that need not be repeated. As long as they can keep ot together over there, it's still a valuable archive.

As for the local hangout, we should stage a mass exodus. Somebody needs to write up a form or chain letter and make up a PM tree to divy up to those willing to participate. Then we can just PM everybody there, tell them to pass it on and have everybody jump ship on a set date.

I really hate having to watch two separate forums now for fear of missing something good that is posted to one but not the other.

Next, I think we need to have a "virtual boxing ring" section here and any time somebody gets into it, thay can move there and hash it out instead polluting the original thread. Then we can all watch the carnage as spectators and place a few bets on the side! :wink:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Next, I think we need to have a "virtual boxing ring" section here and any time somebody gets into it, thay can move there and hash it out instead polluting the original thread. Then we can all watch the carnage as spectators and place a few bets on the side!
I love this idea... that way a thread doesn't go off-topic, and unlike a PM war, we can still grab a bag of popcorn & watch. :D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
As for the local hangout, we should stage a mass exodus. Somebody needs to write up a form or chain letter and make up a PM tree to divy up to those willing to participate. Then we can just PM everybody there, tell them to pass it on and have everybody jump ship on a set date.
Excellent idea. So when do you get started? :wink:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
particlefx said:
Excellent idea. So when do you get started? :wink:
I don't mind PMing people if someone would help write something up. I think it needs to be fairly "PC" in it's intent and wording so if not interested, they wouldn't feel obliged to complain to admin about it. I think the majority of us here are long time core members of the FX forum there, so it would be nice to include a list of our user names, state our purpose, and make a general invitation and encourage them to pass it on. I don't think it's really fair to exclude anyone, either. My only concern is for new members who might find FA before this site.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Which begs the question: how did everyone find FA? As I recall, I came across it when searching for info about the FX. Goolge found a post in the FX forum that took me there. This site needs to find a way to advertise in an economical fashion (even getting listed in search engines now days is expensive). This is why I think your PM campaign might be a good starting point. I'll help in anyway I can.

Did anyone else find FA by some other means that we could exploit?

Anyway, I'm not much at letter writing but to help get the ball rolling, how about using this as a starting point:

---------------------------------------------------------

Dear FreshAlloy member,

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of a new website dedicated to the needs of Infiniti FX owners. It is called InfinitiFX.org. This brand new state-of-the-art website was created by enthusiasts to share in the exchange of ideas, problems, and …(need convincing items here). It is a free, private website with thousands of well organized posts, and (more convincing stuff here).

Sincerely,
Benedict Arnold
InfinitiFX.org

PS: I am just a member of InfinitiFX.org and I am not associated with it in any other way. Please feel free to privately pass this notice on to any other people that you think might be interested in visiting our community.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
thats'a gr8t idea! once some1 gets the ball rolling then even new members should get invites eventually. It's not like every1 is going to pick up and move here for good. They will still hang out there eryonce and a while and can invite any interesting newbs while they are there.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts