Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to pull the trigger on an '04 FX35 with touring and technology. I am pretty sure I want the brick interior. With the brick interior, do you think the diamond graphite or the berylluim is nicer? I know the black looks hot, but my last 6 cars have been black and...... I love the diamond graphite, but not sure it really enhances the brick. I kind of like the beryllium and think it may flow a little nicer with the brick, but not sure if it is just a little too different for me. There's just something about it that isn't grabbing me. We are really struggling with this. So I'd like your opinions. It's not a fight of man over woman, just really want the pluses and minuses of each. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
It will have to be a personal choice.

I fell in love with the Black color and had to have it.

Then I found a copper with a graphite interior instead of the brick and almost bought that. But seeing the black FX sitting by the front door of the dealer, my heart skipped a beat. I am most happy getting into my black FX.

The choice should be what you like and not what all of here like. We all have our own reasons why we choose our colors.

Good Luck :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking for insight from owners of brick

I agree it has to be a personal choice. We are just struggling over the two colors. Love the diamond graphite, but it doens't seem to enhance the brick as well as the beryllium. But not as crazy about the beryllium (but husband likes it better). So we are really struggling with the exterior!

So I was looking for some input from owners of the brick interior. Over time do you feel it matches your exterior or do you think it looks better on another color? What have been the comments from others? I am in sales and don't want my color scheme it to be too much of a shocker when clients get in. Just getting some of your thoughs cause if I see a lot of people feeling one way - I may as well over time. I think either choice is good, just looking for a little something to push me over the edge for one color or the other. I cannot find a dealer that has them both so I can really look at them side by side. I'm sure i'll be happy either way!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Okay, now I understand your questions.

As a woman, brick look like a basketball color to me. (sorry to all who have that color, just my .02 :) )

Now, my husband wanted that color as well, but I drive it, so I went with the graphite and very happy.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I wanted the brick at first, but later thought maybe I might get sick of the color after a few years so I went with the Silver color, and that color was avaliable first. Up to know I still like the brick color but I am very happy with what I ended with.

Jim

·
Registered
292 Posts
A good friend of mine has Beryllium with Brick and I must say that color combination looks GREAT together. Very earthy and complements each othe very well. If you are into earthy tones, that's the way to go.

My $.02 worth...

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
I think a dark blue with the brick will look great. So... if the decision is giving you alot of grief, them perhaps you could wait another month and see if you like the blue (saphire) with brick on the '05 model. I love my brick interior and think it looks best in black, copper and B16.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to our little corner of the Web. :)

I had a hard time choosing an exterior color too--mostly because I'd had a black car for seven years and was tired of it, but none of the other colors really grabbed me. I was attracted to Liquid Copper, but wasn't sure if I'd like it over the long haul.

To make a long story short, I went ahead with the Liquid Copper with a Graphite interior, and couldn't be happier. It's a real head-turner, and I get a lot of compliments on the color.

Anyway... Although Brick would have nicely complemented the Copper, I shied away from it as well as Willow. I can be hard on interiors--too many spilled coffees and burrito accidents in my past. I went with the Graphite interior for the sheer practicality of keeping it looking new longer. I don't know if you and your husband have factored wear and tear and cleaning into your decision, but it was the deciding factor for me.

As for your question, I personally think the Brick interior would look better with the Beryllium 16, as they are both warm colors. The Diamond Graphite seems too cool, in my opinion, to go well with the Brick.

The Beryllium was actually my second choice of colors. In the end, I chose something flashier, but whenever I see a B16 on the road, it still strikes me as a very pretty color--more so than the Diamond Graphite (no offense to any DG's out there!). I do think, though, that it's a color you'll want to keep clean and shiny, as it looks best when you can see the full depth of its hues. Bright sunshine really sets it off.

Hope that helps. :)

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts