Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone purchased an extended warranty for their FX35/45 and if so where did you buy it (your local dealer or out of area/state), what length did you opt for, and how much did you pay?

The finance guy quoted me $2200 for something (I wasn't really interested or paying too much attention since I wanted OUT of there to get into my new FX!!)

Thanks, Larry

·
Registered
706 Posts
check out Grubbs. They have them for $1 over cost. Which is about $1865.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Also, be careful what you are buying. These are not really extended warranties in the sense that they do not extend the factory warranty, but provide you with coverage for certain types of problems. For example, none of the audio stuff is covered by the Infiniti extended agreement nor any of the upholstery or interior trim.

I got one originally, read the fine print, compared this to the issues I had had with another vehicle at around 8 - 9 years and none of it would have been covered.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info especially about audio coverage, I will check out Grubbs; man even $1865 is a little too much for my blood but I will check them out.

I just forked out $1300 for a 6/60K/0 on my 04 Vette Z06 through GM...I guess $1800+ is not that bad if it provides similar coverage...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dealer cost is $1810 for VQ motors. At least it was when I was paying for my 7y/100K mile zero deductible coverage. They'll send you an Infiniti Elite warranty booklet which lists all the covered items of which there's a bazillion. If you plan on keeping the vehicle beyond 4 years this warranty is a must. With $90/h dealer labor rates and obscene part mark-ups I ain't taking chances.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you do some research and I agree...I don't believe in these warrantys...This is how dealers make alot of $$$$$$$$.....What you are doing is paying them alot of money and guessing that alot of things are going to go wrong. And the dealer already has your money..never pay for these things..keep the money in your pocket and when its time to fix then pay....just my opinion..
Phil

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the replies; I ended up purchasing a 6/82K/0 extended warranty for $1,230 ($1.00 over cost as someone pointed out earlier) through Grubbs Infiniti. This was a little more in line with my budget!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Infiniti Elite Warranty

pudicus said:
They'll send you an Infiniti Elite warranty booklet which lists all the covered items of which there's a bazillion. If you plan on keeping the vehicle beyond 4 years this warranty is a must. With $90/h dealer labor rates and obscene part mark-ups I ain't taking chances.
Bumping this thread with a quick question: Is ~$2000 a good price for the Inifinit Elite 7 yr / 100K coverage (zero deductible)?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Re: Extended Warranty

Whats the difference between what Grubb's offers and the Infiniti Elite?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Grubbs offers the Infinit Elite. Last I checked, they were offering warranty for $1 over their cost. On my 04 purchased in Jan04 and now has 7600/miles the cost was right at $1865. There is no difference in Grubbs warranty versus Infiniti Elite. Grubbs warranty is the Infiniti Elite warranty. Problem is that w/standard factory warranty of 4yrs/60k, a extended warranty of 7/100k gives you only an add'l 3 years. Judge for yourself.

·
Registered
262 Posts
FXLENT said:
Grubbs offers the Infinit Elite. Last I checked, they were offering warranty for $1 over their cost. On my 04 purchased in Jan04 and now has 7600/miles the cost was right at $1865. There is no difference in Grubbs warranty versus Infiniti Elite. Grubbs warranty is the Infiniti Elite warranty. Problem is that w/standard factory warranty of 4yrs/60k, a extended warranty of 7/100k gives you only an add'l 3 years. Judge for yourself.
What about purchasing the 7/100k warranty during the 3rd or early 4th year of ownership? :wink:

Should extend the life by an extra 6 years beyond Factory Warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
INFINITI ELITE EXTENDED WARRANTY + DEALER TIRE/WHEEL WARRAN

Anyone purchase the Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty in the last couple of months? I was able to get the 7year/100k Elite warranty with a $50 deductible for $1850.00 on my 2005 FX35 loaded. I also bought the dealer's 5-year wheel and tire warranty for $313, which covers any damage to the 20" aluminum wheels and tires. What do you think of these prices and the coverage for the wheels/tires?

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
One thing that I liked about the infiniti elite extended warranty was the fact that at the end of the normal 4 year infiniti warrany if you sell/trade-in or decide you don't feel like you need it any longer you can get back every cent you paid for the extended warranty. That is as long as you were actually never covered under the extended warranty.

But I didnt purchase the exteneded warranty but that was a good highlight of that warranty. I was quoted $2.800.00 initially for the 7/70/$0 Ded, but they immediately came down to $1,900.00 after my first 'No Thanks' response.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All I can say is, THANKS! I have been calling all over creation and the prime number for my FX45 w' 31k miles has been $2800! Anyway, I will be giving "GRUBBS" a call before the end of the week. As far as I am concerned, I'd rather have the warranty and not need it than to have something go ****-up and start the "if only whining".

THanks agian, guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts