Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am betting (awd and rwd alike) these cars will be exceptionally hard on tires.....

from having fun cornering, to the sheer weight/plow of these cars, alone, i cant see over 15K on em, before the indicators are begging ya to cut em off..........

question??

what next??

answer- ((love the pilots, but not sure about em on an AWD v8 platform))

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
I've seen a lot of hate towards the Goodyear RSAs in the past as far as "handling ability" etc.. The 2g (1995 - 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX) DSM came standard with RSAs

So far, the've been fine for the FX, but we aren't autocrossing it or anything. But my experience has been that you will almost always get better handling from an aftermarket tire. (unless you go ultra cheap) with the exception being the new Mitsubishi EVO8. That car comes with, more or less, R combound tires. (10k mile range).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Both the Goodyear Eagle RSA 20" and 18" Bridgestones RE92 are rated at 260AA.

Interesting thing about the Bridgestones: Most of the Potenza RE92s in different sizes are rated @ 160 A A.... which is really weird considering that even though they are different widths, etc., the rubber compound should be the same - wear the same.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have 16000 and expect 24-25000.They work for all season I have also added Giovanna 20x9 and handling improved with looks

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
I have 16000 and expect 24-25000.They work for all season I have also added Giovanna 20x9 and handling improved with looks
these aere 5 spoke and lighter than stock(alum/chrome),tire could take 10 easy

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Rims are lighter than stock and tires could take 10 easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts