Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have some questions regarding what to do with my 07 FX35.

I need to replace my cats first off. They appear rusted and rotted... I also seem to have a small hole in my muffler.

I think I've decided on Kinetix HFCs, also looking at a few options for the catback exhaust.

Nismo exhaust would be my top pick but they appear to be hard to find! Especially when I'm in Canada. The HKS would be a second and the Invidia would be a third choice.

Can anyone clarify to me which parts are interchangeable from a 350z/G35 for the FX35 AWD?
Figured I would have to do some searching on some other Nissan forums.

What would you guys recommend in your experience?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I would first recommend anything that fits a G35 AWD as it'll need to clear the added front differential... And you will need to either buy extensions or have a shop weld them...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would first recommend anything that fits a G35 AWD as it'll need to clear the added front differential... And you will need to either buy extensions or have a shop weld them...
I came across a used HKS and Nismo exhaust, just gotta see if they are off AWD then. Would I need a Y-pipe too?

thanks for the response dude.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
You would need the extension after the Y... It's not essential that they are from AWD, but it would lessen the chances of you running into problems...

You'll probably need an exhaust shop to extend the tips of the muffler as well... Almost forgot about that part...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Quite a few members have done the HKS muffler mod... IMO it was the best sounding but not something I would do as it doesn't change it to a true dual... I tried to do a search but couldn't find the original threads... If you spent some time, you could find some threads with the info on what they had to do, plus sound clips...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quite a few members have done the HKS muffler mod... IMO it was the best sounding but not something I would do as it doesn't change it to a true dual... I tried to do a search but couldn't find the original threads... If you spent some time, you could find some threads with the info on what they had to do, plus sound clips...
Thanks. I'm trying to search through the forums for more info while at work.

TBH I don't know how keen I am on really having to really mod things to fit.

I know you have been around this forum for a while, what would you like to do to replace the cats/exhaust if you were me?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
I know you have been around this forum for a while, what would you like to do to replace the cats/exhaust if you were me?
I would go with an INVIDIA or STILLEN true dual... But that's just me... The Invidia GEMINI has been known to drone at highway speeds which has really kept me on the fence, and the STILLEN uses a not-as-good stainless steel, so being in Canada, it'll rust like crazy...

You also have the option of going fully custom, and it'll probably cost you even more than buying one of the above... OR if you just wanted sound improvement, you could just buy the muffler and weld it on (which will be the cheapest option)... There are several mufflers that fit the FX's... If you're not sure, you can check for any of the G35 or Z mufflers. These mufflers don't come with tips so you'd have to have a pair welded on regardless of what car you drive.

Can't tell you what to do, but those are your options!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would go with an INVIDIA or STILLEN true dual... But that's just me... The Invidia GEMINI has been known to drone at highway speeds which has really kept me on the fence, and the STILLEN uses a not-as-good stainless steel, so being in Canada, it'll rust like crazy...

You also have the option of going fully custom, and it'll probably cost you even more than buying one of the above... OR if you just wanted sound improvement, you could just buy the muffler and weld it on (which will be the cheapest option)... There are several mufflers that fit the FX's... If you're not sure, you can check for any of the G35 or Z mufflers. These mufflers don't come with tips so you'd have to have a pair welded on regardless of what car you drive.

Can't tell you what to do, but those are your options!
Thanks for the help man. Just heard not so great things about the quality of the Invidias... yet Id like to just buy install and be done!
The custom could be cool but I don't think I know enough about what fits to have much fun.
So far I think I'm going with Berk HFCs.
Gonna PM you with quick questions here and there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have invidia gemini for my 2004 fx. Other than gasket replacements every 6 months, it's been great. Over 100k miles on this exhaust exposed to salt and sand from Northern winters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts