Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I'm new here so bear with me. And yes - I've tried looking at other threads to answer my question, some of which are a few years old / didn't work, so I'm starting a "fresher" thread. I used to have a 1st gen FX35 and now have a 2012. Love it, but as with many, I want the 1st gen exhaust note WITHOUT having to go aftermarket. With that said, what's the most cost-efficient and painless avenue to go? From what I have seen from others, it seems like a G37S muffler is the way to go? If so, can I just get the muffler itself and that will do the trick? And if so, what exactly would I also need to buy to extend the exhaust tips? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
There are some companies that sell extensions for their mufflers... I think HKS does that allows the G mufflers to fit the FX... But it's not guaranteed as you may have some clearance issues in the back... The extensions should be universal. Another thing you can do is just go to a muffler shop and they can weld on extensions. Buying extensions is a bolt-on fix that can be removed when you sell the car. Going to a muffler shop will probably be a little cheaper, but a more permanent fix...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts