Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else is experiencing excessive wiper noise? It doesn't matter how much water I have on my windshield, I can still hear a squeaking noise from the wipers.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shong43826 said:
that happens to me when my wiper blade is bad...
Yeah that's usually the case, but my car only has 3000 miles on it. :(

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one before I call the dealer. Do you guys know if this is covered under warranty?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Try taking a rag damp with wiper fluid and wipe off the blades. You might have some buildup on your blades.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
If that trick doesn't work, STOP driving in the rain, it only tends to get the car dirtier quicker anyway. :p [Zaino on glass and blades works for me, rain seems to FLY up^]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I changed mine @ 5k miles. Rubber sucks. Get the PIAA Silicone blades. They're excellent

·
Registered
706 Posts
UJMOT,

Where can you get the PIAA blades. Any of the local auto shops?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thanks, Can a novice like myself put them on?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Oh yeah,

They are pretty easy now. You actually replace the entire blade assembly now. If you go check out the wipers, you will notice how they kinda connect to the arms. That whole end piece is replaced, not just the rubber parts.

I assume this as it has been this way on every car I have had. So I better go look. But it really is simple, and the instructions are normally on the box as well.

Heres a generic article, but it is pretty accurate.

http://www.ehow.com/eHow/eHowPrint/0%2C ... %2C00.html

·
Registered
848 Posts
I experience an unusual noise after using Rain-X for the first time...it went away shortly afterward.

After 20k miles, I'm finally in need of my first wiper replacement. Maybe you guys are using your blades alot more than me, but I'm very happy with the OEM ones.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The OEM are okay, mine seem to "catch" and/or make noise when the rain is light.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Mine work great too actually. I had to adjust my sprayer on my passenger top side, but other than that they are good.

I agree with the Rain X statement. Anytime I ever used it, the wipers make noise and dont clear as much.

Almost better with no wiping.

So, I try to avoid the Rain X unless I can put it on every other day to keep it on. P.I.T.A.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Zaino on glass and blades works for me, rain seems to FLY up^]
Am I the ONLY one doing this? :? Always finish with Z6 and buff, it works well!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
[quote="PINITI-FX":2rhs3cos]Zaino on glass and blades works for me, rain seems to FLY up^]
Am I the ONLY one doing this? :? Always finish with Z6 and buff, it works well![/quote:2rhs3cos]

Guess so Pin man.....freak :lol:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think your the only one who can afford to put Zaino on glass and wipers! :twisted:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys...well at least that makes two of us here with crappy blades. No one else huh? Guess I'll pick those PIAA up before winter.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
First time I used the wipers they squeeked like crazy. They have quieted down a bit (now at 1,500 miles) but are still noisy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts