Discussion Starter #1
According to Infiniti., EPA for the AWD is 16/22

I have 600miles on mine and the fuel avrg meter show 12

And i drive half frwy half side streets

Any ideas ?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Calculate it by hand to make sure the computer is correct. Also, have you reset the MPG? Might help to reset it with your next fillup. If it's not the computer then something seems wrong IMO. I get 15.7 mpg with mostly city driving.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got 12 and 12.5 mpg on my first two tankfuls on my 2004 FX35. It seems to have gotten a bit better lately but I usually make short runs with my car and only do about 20% highway. I haven't gotten over 300 miles on a tankful yet. It is probably not a defect, but if you find an answer, let me know. If you enjoy the sound of the car running through the gears, it eats plenty of gas. Surprisingly the FX does worse than my Yukon XL (14 mpg) and it uses regular gas.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I just hit 5000 miles and I'm getting 19.5 mpg
also half city and half hwy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I drive around 25 miles daily to work and back. It is only about 30% highway miles. I can get about 17 mpg, however, if I am have fun with my FX, I get as low as 13 mpg.

On the last trip from Atlanta to Birmingham driving between 75 - 85, I got just over 21 mpg.

For me gas milage is inversely proportional to the amount of FUN I am having. :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I get 13.8 90% city driving

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
There is the huge hill between Albuqurque and Santa Fe. It feels like a 45 degree hill for about a mile or so. My epa drops to like 10 mpg. It doesn't help that I am flying up the hill at like 90 and everyone is doing 40. FUN :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
11k miles & getting 18.5 50/50 driving. If I granny drive it, I can get 20 or better (not bloody likely :twisted: ). 100% highway gets me 24mpg. My milage increased slightly after I added my mods. Switched to Mobil 1 synth @ 5k miles and didn't notice a change.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
There is the huge hill between Albuqurque and Santa Fe. It feels like a 45 degree hill for about a mile or so. My epa drops to like 10 mpg. It doesn't help that I am flying up the hill at like 90 and everyone is doing 40. FUN :D
What She Said. There's parts of the 405, and the 101 in the West Valley that are like that. I get worse mileage getting to work (climbing the Sepulveda Grade) than I get coming home.

Someone has a '35 that gets less than 300mi/tank? Surprising, as I get that in my '45 (except on weekends, where I'm in the streets far more).

·
Registered
882 Posts
The best I've gotten out of my '35 full tank is 260miles no joke :cry:

But then again San Francisco is all hills.

·
Registered
8 Posts
16 mpg in Las Vegas

I get 16 mpg (current at 1,000 miles) - always been consistent, began at 15 then stabilized at 16. 50/50 highway/city, but I try not to waste too much gas on unnecessary accelerations, etc. I know that it's tough not to.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
hmmm.. ive done a few trips in my 35 AWD where i go thru just about an entire tank from start to finish. with mostly highway driving i have done 21 and 21.5 MPG at an everage speed of 65 MPH over the entire trip. this means that i was really going about 80 most of the time.

normal driving i uaully get between 16 and 17 MPG since im always hot footing it

·
Registered
85 Posts
14.9mpg now at 2200 miles. It began at around 13 and slowly creeped up. Mostly spirited pedal driving, highway/city.

·
Registered
20 Posts
not to beat a dead horse but has anyone gotten one of these cars on a dyno? checked the a/f ratio?

thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
ive had my fx for a year and a half and the first couple of months I was getting 400 miles a tank consistently at 20-21.5 MPG.. now I'm getting about 300 miles a take at 17MPG.. I got a different job and I hit alot more traffic in the morning and going home now so thats probably the reason.. but ****.. 400 miles a tank was nice for abit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts