Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a weird smell and it seems to be generated by the car instead of the person inside.
Yeah we bought the FX used @ 12000 miles and either did not notice it or as its getting warmer its now showing up instead of cold weather.

Also do the rest of the FX-45's have a touchy gas peddle ?
I mean like rolling thru a stop sign @ like 2/5 miles a hour and try to accelerate smooth , its hard to do w/o snapping your neck back in this Fx.
Anyone else same ?

Other than those to issues fx is great :)
well so wifee tells me
TIA

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Re: encountering a "strange" smell in the 2003 FX4

choppo said:
This is a weird smell and it seems to be generated by the car instead of the person inside.
What kind of smell? Is it a moldy smell when you turn the AC off (or something else)? I had a faint odor like that of electronics burning for the first 500 miles or so that eventually went away.

choppo said:
Also do the rest of the FX-45's have a touchy gas peddle? ... its hard to do w/o snapping your neck back in this Fx.
I thought that was the point. I love the sensitivity of the pedal -- kind of like an on off switch. ::D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: encountering a "strange" smell in the 2003 FX4

particlefx said:
choppo said:
What kind of smell? Is it a moldy smell when you turn the AC off (or something else)? I had a faint odor like that of electronics burning for the first 500 miles or so that eventually went away.
Re: yeah like that but @ 17000 miles now

choppo said:
Also do the rest of the FX-45's have a touchy gas peddle? ... its hard to do w/o snapping your neck back in this Fx.
I thought that was the point. I love the sensitivity of the pedal -- kind of like an on off switch. ::D
Re: It would be nice to pull off w/o snapping your neck sometimes is all plus my RS6 is sensitive but I can pull thru it smooth as silk but not the FX unless you are really slow with your foot as far as pressure on pedal

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If I stop hard, then take off quick, my transmission slips a bit, like it is trying to catch up :x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.