Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone egged my car! Now there are a bunch of chips in my paint! I went to the dealer and they said they can't do anything about it. Buffing it won't work they said. Do I have any other options? I'm probably just going to put touch up paint so it doesn't rust, but it will look ugly!

·
Registered
848 Posts
What are your insurance options? Is more than one section affected? Sorry to hear this :x

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
My previous car had those black road tar splashed on the passenger side along the bottom of the door.....

I Just drove as it is... wasn't worth it to repaint...

but in your case, you should think about repainting the section of your FX...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its not that big, i'm just going to put some touch up paint on it. it gonna look bad, but better than repainting the whole panel. the egg even left scratches in my roof rail!

·
Registered
549 Posts
bennyhana9399:

I hate to hear that you got egged. I've had a similar experience on some of my nice cars in the past. Talk about a pain in the a**.

First, you need to get the egg off your vehicle quickly withlots of water (smells immediately rotten the entire time) because it will wreak havoc on your paint (chemical splash damage) just like accelerated acid rain damage in only a few hours.

It's incredible that the eggshells can cause so many little chips in an oval pattern. Those chips are deep too not just clearcoat level. I had this happen on my pristine black 2002 996TT parked away from everyone at a movie theatre, and boy was I pissed. Unfortunately, the only proper way to make it look right again is painting the entire panel section. It's worth it in the long run and besides that, you will be much happier.

Great Luck!

·
Registered
662 Posts
bennyhana9399 said:
Someone egged my car! Now there are a bunch of chips in my paint! I went to the dealer and they said they can't do anything about it. Buffing it won't work they said. Do I have any other options? I'm probably just going to put touch up paint so it doesn't rust, but it will look ugly!
Sorry to hear that. Hope your insurance covers but still it sucks.

Your story brings me back an old story. During egg throwing event(high school graduation tradition), we accidently egged one of our friend's mom's mink coat :shock: . I still remember her red and white face.

·
Registered
64 Posts
egged??!! my condolences.. any dents or just paintwork chipping?

is this a common thing in the USA?

as consolation i've had worse.. used to be someone - they were never caught - who would walk down the row of cars on my street (in south London, UK) pouring either household wall paint or paint thinner(!) over each and every car..

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Things happening like that is such bullsh*t.

I work hard to buy nice things. Egging and the like is all out of jealousy. It's a shame.

I used to live in a bad neighbourhood. One night, some kids used a BB-gun to destroy all the windows of every car on the block.

I eventually moved from there to a more upscale neighbourhood. The same crap happened.

Some other things that happened in the bad neighbourhood...

*someone slashed the back of my car with a knife
*shopping cart scratch along the entire lenght of the door
*door dents all over

·
Registered
848 Posts
tokyofx said:
is this a common thing in the USA?
Most often, it's just teenage boys with too much time on their hands. Occasionally, you'll get the enviromental-nazis with their anti-SUV movement. Or, simply envy... one thing about us Americans that I wish I could change...we're always wanting what someone else has, instead of being happy with what we've got.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i dont think that envy or wanting what your neighbour has got is solely an american trait.. but its is always a shame when that envy rolls into vandalism wherever it is..

here in japan, things are much more civilised.. generally.. IF however you park in the wrong place (eg. at a friends apartment or on a side street) you are swiftly reported to the police and face endorsements on your licence if you dont move quick.. yeesh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts