Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Jet sucks.

For one, you can't just "chip" our cars. OBDII systems must have their physical memory re-flashed with a new program. This requires yanking your ECM and sending it in to have this done. Technosquare in CA has been doing this for Z's and G's for a while and they know their stuff. I haven't called them, but I believe they will do it for FX's as well. Costs around $600 and they re-flash your ECM with a custom program to take into account any other mods you may have. Check them out here:http://www.technosquareinc.com/ Benefits are added HP and TQ (dependant on your mods), raised redline and removed top speed governor.

There is also an upcoming piggy-back ECM that can't do quite as much, but is plug and play, with no down time. You can research both on the engine mods forum of My350Z.com.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I thought you had to go there, how do you send it in exactly? i'm assuming u cant drive the fx while hte ecu is somewhere else haha.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks mustgo...
I had never heard of Jet and now i know why...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
contaygious said:
I thought you had to go there, how do you send it in exactly? i'm assuming u cant drive the fx while hte ecu is somewhere else haha.
You simply unplug your ECM and overnight it to them to do the re-flash, then they overnight it back to you; about a three day down time for the car. Of course, it is best if you could go there in person, so they can dyno-tune the car, but they've done enough so as to have ready-made programs for just about any app. that'll get the job done.

The TS flash, IMO, doesn't do that much by itself and isn't worth the $ if that's to be your only mod (7-8 HP by itself). Where it shines is in optimizing other bolt-ons you have, so it's the last thing you should do after whatever other mods you plan on doing. I believe they also include a couple re-flashes in their price in case you add something down the road and want an updated program to account for the new mod.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
thanks mustgo...
I had never heard of Jet and now i know why...
The Z guys had and were pretty quick to rip them to shreds even before anything else was available.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Technosquare in CA has been doing this for Z's and G's for a while and they know their stuff. I haven't called them, but I believe they will do it for FX's as well. Costs around $600 and they re-flash your ECM with a custom program to take into account any other mods you may have. Check them out here:http://www.technosquareinc.com/
Hey- they're in Torrance (makes sense, Toyota and Nissan are there, too). I saw your other note about how there's not much difference with their flash for a stock car, but if I get the Paddock True Dual and CAI, then it would be worth it.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
MustGoFastR said:
Technosquare in CA has been doing this for Z's and G's for a while and they know their stuff. I haven't called them, but I believe they will do it for FX's as well. Costs around $600 and they re-flash your ECM with a custom program to take into account any other mods you may have. Check them out here:http://www.technosquareinc.com/
Hey- they're in Torrance (makes sense, Toyota and Nissan are there, too). I saw your other note about how there's not much difference with their flash for a stock car, but if I get the Paddock True Dual and CAI, then it would be worth it.
Don't think this'll do you any good, Kenny. The TS ECM flash is another case of us FX35 owners reaping the benefits of 350Z mods. There was a lot of development and code breaking involved and the only reason we can use it is because we share the same drivetrain. To my knowledge, they don't do '45s. I should have specified in my post above.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
they don't do '45s. I should have specified in my post above.
Nah, I should have looked up and seen this was a '35 engine mods thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts