Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an FX30 for around 8-10 months now, in the last few weeks it's generated a problem where the ECU will keep coming on, it will then one day work without and issues, the next day be in limp mode. I had it working normally the other day, stopped for fuel and when I pulled away it was in limp mode again. There has also been the smell of diesel in the cockpit of the car.

I have put an ECU reader onto the car and it has come up with two error codes - P0133 & P0000.

I've checked the service manual and the P0133 is an issue with the Air fuel ratio sensor but could be one of a number of issues. The nearest Infiniti garage to me is a good 30 minute drive away and they want £150 before they will even look at the problem, and having looked online if the sensor needs replacing it's around £250 +labour with them too.

Any ideas or suggestions would really be greatly appreciated for what the problem may well be with all the different issues put together and any suggestions for the cheapest way to get it resolved as we've got a young baby and money is tight at the moment.

Cheers,

Callum

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
This might sound weird, but first open your fuel cap, and then make sure you put it back on right with a minimum 3 clicks... It's solved a few problems with fuel related issues...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts