Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
186 Posts
This YouTube video talks about the ECM and where on the board a common diode can be replaced to fix the problem. Note: I thing any TV or Satelite repair shop can fix this for $50 by doing some component level trouble shooting.

Note: Using cheap spark plug coil packs has been known to cause an ECM to fail. So if you just replaced your coil pack and soon thereafter your ECM failed, maybe you need to do more than just fix and/or replace the ECM.

Also, be sure your cam and crank position sensors are not throwing a DTC.

Hand Finger Musical instrument accessory Electrical wiring Thumb

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Microcontroller

Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Telephone Mobile device

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have replaced the cam shaft sensor on bottom twice only code I had coils get no spark I never replaced them .And the truck is getting fuel I checked the fuel pump .Only ask 165k just quit on me on highway one day .

· Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
186 Posts
I just learned the IPDM fuse box (to the left of the battery) provides power to the ECM. So before targeting your ECM you might clean and check the connections too.

I also would remove the battery fusable link to see if that is "wonky."

Attachments

· Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
186 Posts
MORE INFO FOR CONSIDERATION

If you find your OBDII scanner will not connect? Or if you find you cannot start your car? Or if you find your engine fan comes on when you turn your key to ACC. Then you might want to review the video below where it comes to showing what an IBDM fuse block looks like.

Note: I personally have not examined or cleaned my IPDM fuses so if anyone does, please let us know what is involved. Thx!

Also, this video suggest you can do a self-test of the IPDM, but I have never tried it.

Note: The video owner claims his engine would not start; and the engine fans came on when he pressed his start button; and then... he replaced his IPDM and everything worked.

And he goes on to explain how the IPDM... powers-up the ECM.

If this is true, a bad IPDM will not enable the ECM to work right.

*** I suggest you buy-pass the first 3:50 seconds of the video and just watch the last parts.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you that what I lean to next a bad ipdm and check the fuse box under the steering wheel. I have my truck broke down that same order abs have checked fuses replace some very motivational.

· Registered
2005 FX45 120K miles
186 Posts
The fuses next to your emergency brake are easy to clean... 1 at a time.

The IPDM is next to the battery. I have not cleaned mine and it would be excellent if someone gives us an account of how easy or difficult it is to clean the IPDM fuses and or if the IPDM board can be repaired (when a no start condition exists).

Note: Most circuit boards can be repaired by any TV or Satelite repair shop (Ex-Stereo repair shop) who can do a board-level probe and replace discrete components in the 50-cent range much of the time.. Just saying. Don't go looking for a new IPDM or AC-amplifier or ECM if you can repair the one you have.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes sir can the ipdm be bad if the ecm fuse is good how do u. Clean the ipdm I replaced the fuse but it still was giving me the same results I just seen a fx35 in scrap yard I was going to try replace mines with that one to see if it get truck to crank . I replaced fuses in ipdm switch them around abs try wiggle the wires.

· Registered
16 Posts
ive replaced my ecm when the ground shorted and burnt up my coil packs, had to get it programmed at the dealer. what symptoms/codes are you getting, did you replace the crankshaft sensors with oem parts or aftermarket?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I replaced sensors with new Nissan brand ones the symptoms are no fire to the coils just turns over and over won’t crank. Suv just cut off on me one day going down the highway .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts