Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a FX45 loaded, tech, Sat radio the works. When I first started negotiations with my dealer they knew that I was a Soldier (Col) about to be deployed to Germany. I asked if the Nav would work overseas and they stated that all it needed was a European disk. Wrong, and no matter who I talk to, Infinity and Nissan, they all say that I am just butt out of luck :? . Is there anyway that I can get the Nav to work overseas. Also they state that I'm not covered under warranty overseas??!! No Infinity dealers overseas and Nissan won't do warranty work (so far) any help that you guys or girls can give me is much appreaciated. Have all these toys that the dealer sold me on and none work over here. Help please

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can feel your pain. I have a similiar issue with my NAV in Alaska.
Check out http://www.zenrin.com to see if they can help you with the DVD for Europe.
We also do not have an Infiniti dealership here, however the local Nissan dealer can do all the warranty work. I'm not sure how it will work in Germany but here I have to call Nissan, tell them what the problem is, they diagnose, give me back the vehicle, get pre-approval from Infiniti for warranty repairs, and then schedule the work to be done. It seems like a pain, but I can deal with it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
First of all, welcome!

Sorry to hear about the problem you're having. This kind of crap REALLY peeves me, and the dealer that did this to you deserves to be thrashed. At a minimum, a bit of negative publicity is deserved. :evil:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
First of all, welcome!

Sorry to hear about the problem you're having. This kind of crap REALLY peeves me, and the dealer that did this to you deserves to be thrashed. At a minimum, a bit of negative publicity is deserved. :evil:
Second, I too welcome you to the group.

Actually what that dealer did is ILLEGAL and should be required to compensate you for their false advertising! Oral contracts are legally binding - proving it is another matter however.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all of you for your great welcome, I've been to a few sites and this is the best so far. I have visited the veron site(think that is how its spelled) and they can't help. So what I'm thinking about doing is just go after market, another 2 grand but what can I do. Thinking about going with the Alpine unit. The warranty work is the big problem and maybe talking to the local Nissan dealer and see if they will do the work. Thanks again for the great welcome, and by the way, if you have not driven the veh on the Autobahn then you have no idea how fast this thing is!! The only Suv that can blow it away is the over 100 grand Porsche!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lovett said:
Thank all of you for your great welcome, I've been to a few sites and this is the best so far. I have visited the veron site(think that is how its spelled) and they can't help. So what I'm thinking about doing is just go after market, another 2 grand but what can I do. Thinking about going with the Alpine unit. The warranty work is the big problem and maybe talking to the local Nissan dealer and see if they will do the work. Thanks again for the great welcome, and by the way, if you have not driven the veh on the Autobahn then you have no idea how fast this thing is!! The only Suv that can blow it away is the over 100 grand Porsche!
Sorry about your GPS unit, and hopefully you can get that Alpine GPS unit install soon. Also, it is nice to hear that a FX on the Autobahn 8) , if you have time to take some pics or film the car on the Autobahn kicking some ass and post it online for us to see that'll be so awesome. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Welcome to the ORG.

They made we wait for a year before I was able to get the navi installed, but the sad part is that now it is installed its all in chinese(no english version avaliable) and my chinese sucks.

Can't you add just the new navi system on the the original screen by bypassing the old navi or dvd system.

Jim

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'll have the wife take a few photos and maybe even film it on the Autobahn and then post it for you guys. The only problem is that top speed is only around 140 and you have VW Golfs that will blow you off the road at that speed! It gets there quick mind you, but there are so many Vehicles pushing you to the right at that speed. Might sound crazy to some on this forum to do such speeds, but that is what German highways are built for. I'll be very happy when the after market builds some go fast parts for the 45!

As far as one of you saying that it took a year to get your nav, explain please. And I have no Idea if they can put the new Nav on the old Nav screen but I'll find out. But I really think that the Alpine unit is a better Nav anyway, with touch sreen and voice activation and you can use it on the move. So i might just keep the stock things stock and after market things after market. What do you guys think? I have to tell you that I am the happiest guy around since I've found this site! A lot of great info and seems like a tight nit group of people!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, had no problems with the Tuv because as a US Soldier we have our own regisrtation office. I'm looking on the link now for the aftermarket solution on the Nav, thanks. Wish there was an after market solution for my warranty problem.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Lovett said:
Wish there was an after market solution for my warranty problem.
It would be good to find a Nissan dealer that can fix any recall or service bulletin that may need repair. My '03 has been through at least four of them...but all taken care of during normal maint. drop-offs.

FYI, I'm so jealous...I spent fun six yrs. (on three tours at Hahn AB, last in '90) over there. 8)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went to the German site about the Nav system and the cost is 2499 Euro and that price is only if you purchase the car through them. Now you have to remember the exchange rate which makes the cost about 4 grand! So what I am thinking about doing, unless someone comesup with a better Idea, is go with the Alpine system. Screen and Nav system plus DVD is 2500. Touch srceen voice activated and will play Dvd. Just have to find out how would it be installed and then get install price

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lovett,

I would like to hear more about your experiences in Germany as I will be heading there in February with an FX45. I am going through the same runaround trying to find a way to make the nav work in Germ. When I purchased it I specifically asked about all these topics. I was told that as long as it is done on a military installation they have no problem, however I cannot see why the nissan dealers over there would not be able to do the work. In fact before the FX I had a G35 and spent 2 hours on the phone talking to infiniti to see if it was possible to get service and warranty work in Germany. They gave a list of four dealerships which I need to find again.

Also, Infiniti is supposed to be getting ready to launch sales in Europe in the near future, so they will definately have a place to go by then.

Where are you located in Germany, I will be @ Giebelstadt AirField in Southern Germany.

lata

·
Registered
149 Posts
lovett....the Navigation system was what turned me off getting the FX earlier on this year. Unfortunately it doesn't work even with the appropriate country disc from Nissan as its all to do with the GPS sensor or something along those lines. There is however a Infiniti importer in Switzerland that may be able to help you. Last I heard they were getting very close to modifying the navi unit and making it work in Europe with Nissan DVDs. Here is the link:

http://www.bloch-autotechnik.ch/

Good luck and enjoy your FX. I'll have to wait until Infiniti sells officially in Europe to get mine (2008), but good things come to those who wait I guess.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where did you find the information about the NAV Conversion? I went to the site but was unable to locate the information.
Thanks,
.... :idea:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in the Fankfurt area and so I'm not that far from you, we need to stay in touch so whenever you find out new info you can share it and visa versa! Now about the Nav conversion, as I stated above the price is only if you purchase the Vehicle through them! And that price with the current exchange rate is about 4 grand! I'm thinking about going with a Pioneer Avic X1 (N1 in the States) it's a do all in a DIN system. Thinking about putting it in the stock clock location, but the spouse likes the clock so I have to find another solution. I have not seen another FX in my area, there are some over here but they are owned by Germans. Ask as many questions as you like, have done alot of homework and made many phone calls! I posted a topic (Driving impressions from the German Autobahn) go there to see what I think about driving the vehicle over here! You are going to be very happy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm german and live in Berlin. I've just imported a FX35 myself. In fact there is no warranty for INFINITI, but every NÌSSAN dealer can help you out with spare parts and service. Here in Berlin they are very helpful and very happy to see a FX35. They love that car very much!

Maybe I can later post a photo of my FX35 (liquid copper) in front of the Brandenburg Gate. Thats the place where the Berlin wall was dividing the city.

Nice to be here in that forum! :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to the site and by the way, I spoke with Infiniti and they said that for warranty work we get the work done, pay for it and then send the bill to Infiniti for reinbursment. Have you found a way to get your Nav to work over here?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts