Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FX has dvd based navigation, as far as I know. So, what exactly does that mean? Can you play DVD's on the navigation system??? :?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
The DVD player for the navigation system can only play navigation formatted DVD discs. Music or video discs (if that's what you are hinting at) will not work. The recent move from CD to DVD discs is simply that the DVD discs can store more data; and in the case of the navigation system that means more map data and/or details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
particlefx said:
The DVD player for the navigation system can only play navigation formatted DVD discs. Music or video discs (if that's what you are hinting at) will not work. The recent move from CD to DVD discs is simply that the DVD discs can store more data; and in the case of the navigation system that means more map data and/or details.
Thats what I assumed.....I guess it was just wishful thinking :(

·
Registered
235 Posts
My neighbor just bought a fully loaded toyota sienna and ****, the interior is so impressive, more like a lexus than a toyota. But anyhow, when it is in P, the navi screen will show dvd video. I wonder why the FX didn't have this feature...

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
davezaristo said:
I wonder why the FX didn't have this feature...
Makes me miss my Toyotas :( . The Landcruiser has this too in its factory CD/DVD changer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts