Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

I've been reading up on some of the engine mods various members have done. Stillen, Ztube. Wouldn't this void the warranty?

Or shouldn't I care since I'm sure the FX I'm picking up in 23 hours and 51 minutes is so well built it will never ever break..........

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I like to involve my dealer in what I am doing and tell them up front.Some are AH and others are ok
There are no negatives for in front of MAF or after Cats

Technically they must show your mod hurt something...bu if you get here,you are already in the soup...my 0,02

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Technically, mods cannot void your warranty unless they are proven to be the cause of the problem and even then, only that area will be voided under the warranty; there is a congressional act regarding this. Realistically, if the dealer is a real A-hole, he can give you a hard time and put you through ****, however this is rare. I don't think anyone here has ever had problems with their dealer. Personally, whenever I get a new mod, I take it to the dealer and show it off; they love it. Pretty much anything short of a supercharger has minimal chances of ever causing you any problems, anyway. At any rate, just have a good relationship with your service advisor and tech and you shouldn't have any problems at all. [knock-on-wood] About the worst you can really expect to take your car in for warranty work anyway is a squeaky seat or wrinkling leather; these drivetrains are pretty much bullet-proof [/knock-on-wood]. :D

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Easy way to get around that. My dealer did all my mods ('cept for the tint), so they are warrantied too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts