Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go! Picked up my FX45 from Bremen haven, one key fob and subwoofer missing. Got on the road and the first thing that I noticed was the ride (2003) is a little harsh over bad roads. The steering is very accurate and well weighted. Got on the Autobahn and OH MY GOD! You guys have no idea what type of vehicle you have! Yes the 35 is fast also, but what makes the 45 the beast that it is, is how it gets up to speed! I have a 1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo and its fast and handles great. The 45 is only slightly slower and I mean slightly! Now I mentioned ride and here is the tricky part. When the 45 gets over eighty mph and up (refer fo photos) the ride is just fine! I would not have it any other way over here! Handling on tight 110-120 sweepers is amazing, now when you get up to 130 and you start going around tight curves, you have to back off a little. But for a so called SUV this thing is amazing! I was hanging with BMW COUPES and Mercedes sedans, forget other SUVS they are not up to the task! I ran into a few VWS and a V6 Porsche and it was nooo contest at all! This is a wonderful well engerneered machine that everyone over here asks questions about and are surprised when I shoot by them! Why Infiniti does not sell them in Europe is beyond me! Yes the leather is crap, and I mean pure crap, and there are small little things that I don't like. But all in all this vehicle has far exceeded my expectations! More comments to come and I will try and post photos, if anyone wants me to send them to them so they can post them that will be fine. I tried to put them on but they are to big, can I send them to anyone to make smaller and load them on here?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Lovett said:
Yes the leather is crap, and I mean pure crap, and there are small little things that I don't like. But all in all this vehicle has far exceeded my expectations! More comments to come and I will try and post photos, if anyone wants me to send them to them so they can post them that will be fine. I tried to put them on but they are to big, can I send them to anyone to make smaller and load them on here?
lol. Glad it met your expectations. :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I knew from driving it in the states that it was a great vehicle, but driving it over here and at these speeds, puts it in another perspective! Also the photos are of the speed of the veh and me dusting off a BMW and a VW! But as I mentioned I can't post them so I have to send them to someone else!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just out of curiosity; who was holding the camera and snapping the pics while you were "dusting the BMW and a VW" while "going around tight curves at 130" :?: :shock:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UJ I'm sending them to you now, by the way, please rename the photo with the VW in front before and the one where it is behind, name it after! Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you see the photos you will see that I have both hands securely on the wheel! I've been driving in Europe for over 19 years and believe me I'm very safe in the Autobahn. There is no way I would ever drive that fast in the states, but over here 130 is slow. Photos coming and you will see.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before you guys get on the safty band wagon, I just wanted to give the forum my driving impressions of the Autobahn. And as I stated before, we have an absolutely wonderful Vehicle. Fast, secure, hadles with the best (2003) and all out powerful! I'm happy that I decided to get the 2003 model year with the harder suspension settings. It rides rough at slow speeds but once its got its legs under it, it becomes a different beast.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Lovett, you should have someone video tape tracking your FX at the Nuremburgring track... :idea:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
nice pics from Lovett

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
few more

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks UJ, and as you guys and gals can see, there are both hands on the wheel! Will be heading to Hockenheim in a few weeks to do some filmed laps (not far from where I live) and I'll post the vid, or have Uj post it for me! I'm that smart when it comes to things of that nature!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you can see from the Tach and speedo, I'm doing close to 140 and no where near the rev limit! So we have a lot of untapped potential in this engine, now if we can get a tuner off his butt to give us a little help! But to be honest I'm more than happy with the current speed that it has. Plus as you can see from the pic, the gas mileage at that speed suuuuuucks! But I'm the type that gets bored really quick and more power is always a good thing! By the way, car and driver says that we are the 3rd fastest SUV at the moment, behind the new BMW X54.8IS ($72,000) and the Porsche Turbo (90000+)! Well don't know about you, but I believe that if you are $20000 and $40000 more than the 3rd fastest, you SHOULD be faster, **** you better be! The new BMW is $20000 more and is not THAT much faster than a stock FX45, so again, great job Infiniti! Give most of us an extra 20 or 40 grand and we could kill them both!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, whats that thing top out at b4 you hit the limiter?? you'll probably call me irresposible or something, but ive had my 35 up to about 138 and i ran outta road, i know she still had some juice left in her, just dont have the balls to find out.....at least not on Long Island :lol:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
Hey, whats that thing top out at b4 you hit the limiter?? you'll probably call me irresposible or something, but ive had my 35 up to about 138 and i ran outta road, i know she still had some juice left in her, just dont have the balls to find out.....at least not on Long Island :lol:
Uh where in LI did you get her up to that speed?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Robert Moses Causeway...between Southern State and Montauk Highway..........hope no state troopers belong to this forum :roll:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
:D I was actually on that road a few weeks back (just taking a drive w/ the wife) and the thought of hitting max speed came to mind. I just couldnt get myself to leave her on the side of the road to go on with it. :wink:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well you have to remember that the 35 top speed is about 137-138 and the 45 is governed at 140. Also note that its more than just top speed that makes the 45 special to me, it's HOW it gets to that speed! It gets there in a **** of a hurry and moves a lot of pretenders out of the way!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

Heh. OK, so far, we're at least up to two "of us":

1 - 20 of 62 Posts