Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm a new owner of a FX35 with touring and tech package (incl. XM and STB).

I've searched the user groups but haven't found anything regarding the driver seat and how the seat controls on the right side dig-into your hip/leg. Am I the only one who finds this very uncomfortable? The dealer says they'll install a padding, but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

BTW - I'm 6'2", but not "wide" so it's not like I'm oddly built...

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
move the golf club :lol: a little more searching is needed.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
twoods said:
I've searched the user groups but haven't found anything regarding the driver seat and how the seat controls on the right side dig-into your hip/leg.
Oh, really now?!

<twitch>

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
<snicker>

Nah, man- the newbies have beaten me into submission; nowadays I just <twitch> and I'm done with it. It's like I'm on "E-meds" to keep me from ranting. :)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Dude,there is nothing like a good rant
OH,I forgot where i was!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I don't get it! I am 5'9" and 210 lbs. I consider myself pretty fat!! But the seat contrlolls are still a long way from my thigh. How can it be painful?? I must need to gain another 50 lbs before the controlls get anywhere near my body. Are there different seats for different FX trims that I don't know about?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow - some people have serious attitude problems.

FYI - I did search for "Seat Uncomfortable" and "Driver's Seat" and didn't find anything. Probably just a dumb "newbie" looking in the wrong place. Maybe after I've been on this site everyday for over a year I'll know where everything is.

Thanks to SweetFX for the link!

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
twoods said:
Wow - some people have serious attitude problems.

FYI - I did search for "Seat Uncomfortable" and "Driver's Seat" and didn't find anything. Probably just a dumb "newbie" looking in the wrong place. Maybe after I've been on this site everyday for over a year I'll know where everything is.

Thanks to SweetFX for the link!
Don't mind too much~ people are probably having a stressful day facing a whole new week :roll: ... as for me I have two final exams tommorow :shock: :shock: :shock:

FYI: when you are searching, "Search for all terms" tends to give me better results for me. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Please forgive us, and please do not be turned away form this one post. This is a wonderful forum, and welcome to the .org. Unfortunately you just happen to pick on one of our nerves/pet peeves. This uncomfortable seat complaint is a "beaten horse" that we all have heard in the past. My only advice is keep trying to work the controls until you find your sweet spot.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
twoods said:
Maybe after I've been on this site everyday for over a year
Is that a threat, or a promise?!

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I posted the one link I could find, so at least you had something to read.

·
Registered
599 Posts
What's with all the newbie bashing recently? I thought this forum used to welcome everyone and answer all questions. Now if a question pops up immediately there are 2-3 responses telling them to "search".

Maybe the newbie's are only new to cars but new to online forums in general and don't know about the search function?

Maybe we should all come together and start a "NEW TO FXs FAQ" sticky or something?

What do you say members? Mods?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
We always welcome everyone, but he posted this in suspension, tires and then again in internal & external mods. I had to move to them here to problems.

I think it was the double post that got the reaction and a locked thread.

Good idea if for the new to fx ?. Start a write up in write ups and everyone can add to it and then we can condense it to one post.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Ak1nza said:
Now if a question pops up immediately there are 2-3 responses telling them to "search".
... and why shouldn't there be? Honestly, that was one of the things that made FA so unbearable- all the repetition. ****, I'm just glad our "Search" goes all the way back!

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
If a new member asks a question that has been answered before, then I think it's sad when others (especially old timers) say "use the #[email protected]* search!". WTH? Have some freakin' patience! Better yet, simply don't respond and go about your business. Some of you respond angrily because the newbie questions are about a subject you don't like talked about. I suggest you get over it. Also, one of the things I hate about other forums is when a new person says "I was afraid to ask this question for fear of being flamed/ridiculed/told to use the search/etc...". That's truly sad IMO. Look, new people will always join forums and ask redundant questions. That's a fact of life. Thinking it should be any different here is stupid. If you want to help people, then show them where the discussion has taken place in the past. If you don't want to help, then ignore the post. It's that easy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.