Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched around on this. I see a TSB for 03's.
Has ne1 with an 04 fixed this annoyance ? I appears to eminate from the pillar/ orhigh in the door area,maybe in the door panel ?. Happens on launch, breaking, bumps. then can be quiet during highway cruise ........ Dealer attemted to fix today..report says put padding in pillar...did nuthin' at all......
thanks

Fx4U2c

·
Registered
706 Posts
You sure its the drivers door. I have isolated my similar creaking to the rear drivers window by the B pillar (right behind driver). It is the window flexing in the channel when closed. I can crack that window slightly and it will stop. Only on bumpy roads.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I guess that is very possible......I will confirm in the am.
Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
706 Posts
It doesn't happen on launch or breaking that I know of. Also haven't figured out how to fix it either.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Argh......looks like some more listening...dealer sux. :roll:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Part of the problem is that the dealer most likely doesn't drive on the same spot of road and they probably let the car sit in the sun too long which means all the materials expand and a fair number of the rattles go away.

I've got several rattles that are driving me crazy... instrument pod, windows (TSB for that), door panels and dash/

Have to say for a $40k car I'm not to impressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Creak in Door Pillar

FX4U2C,
I have a 2003 FX.
I have had a mystery popping noise from somewhere up in the upper door/pillar area (right next to my left ear). The dealer has spent the last 6 months trying to fix it (replacing trim, stuffing trim, screwing trim down) - it has been a nightmare for me. In the process they found a couple of spot welds along both sides of the B-pillar "didn't take" and have rewelded them. They did the TSB on the window channels - which stopped the window from making a loud pop.
That stopped some of the noise.
They finally ordered in a "body sniffer" and found the remaining popping comes from inside the B-pillar. Right now my FX is at the body shop with the inside B-pillar removed, waiting for a new one to be welded in.
I hope your's is not the same thing.
I'm beginning to wonder if there was a welding robot out of adjustment???

Good Luck in your quest.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts