Infiniti FX Forum banner

Driver seat memory

22K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Silver Bullet 
#1 ·
Hi all
I jsut noticed that the memory seat adj. for the Driver does not see mto work. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I followed the inst. in the manual but nothing
Not even the little light on the button comes on.
Any ideas??????

#27 ·
EffEcks said:
I've had to re-do ours many times as my wife tends to screw the settings up fairly regularly. She gets in the car after I've been driving and hits the Set button (which is first in line) thinking that it's the M1 button, and when she realizes she's hit the wrong button she immediately moves one back to the M1 button, a sequence which ends up assigning my settings to her memory location. Those buttons shouldn't be so close together. Better yet, they'd be better off on top of the seat with the seat controls. :D

this is what I am afraid of. It is quite easy to make this mistake

The settting should require us to push the "set" button for quite a long time, this would prevent this mistake.

#28 ·
EffEcks said:
The problem is you have to program the keyfob while you're programming the seat positions. What you did was program the seat, then set it to your position and then tried to program the keyfob. What you should be doing is setting the seat position and then programming the memory positions and remote at the same time
EffEcks, has this nailed. My Intelligent Key system has worked perfectly from day one. With the remote in my pocket I approach and unlock using the door button. If my wife has been driving, all settings move to my position and then the seat and steering collum move out of the way to let me in. I love this system and never remove the IK Fob from my pocket. And I never touch the buttons on the fob. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.