1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
361 Posts
TX needs this and needs this today. I forwarded a copy of the url to our Mayor. Hope he doesn't send secret service after me. But that's a **** good move on CO's part. Other states need to follow suit, starting in TX.

In addition to minivans, those big rigs need to move on over as well. :twisted:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Every state should have a law such that one. There are lots of ID10Ts out there that hug the left lines in Illinois as well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have seen the "Keep right unless passing" signs up all over the northeast but it never is enforced. This passage should be posted on BILLBOARDS!!!

Shipley said although many of the drivers she's stopped for left-lane driving don't have a reason for driving there, others say they were deliberately driving under the speed limit in the left lane in an effort to prevent others from speeding.

"They don't need to be playing police," Shipley said. "That's not their job."

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Christian said:
Finally! They should also restrict minivans to the far right lane as well.
C'mon guys, ALL MINI-VANS?
:?: 8)

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as vehicles with more than 6 wheels.... they are not allowed on interstates (75 & 85) through Atlanta - that is within the preimeter I-285 - unless on official business. And on all three interstates, must stay in the right two lanes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
God I hop ethey implement this Flroida. With all due respect to other states and our elderly, no one needs it more than we do. All these old people hogging the left lane, completely unresponsive to/unaware of honking horns and flashing lights... It's unbearable...

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
They need this big time in NY. They do have it in NJ which is great for when i'm flying down the Garden State Pkwy on my way to Atlantic City :D .

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sensei said:
TX needs this and needs this today. I forwarded a copy of the url to our Mayor. Hope he doesn't send secret service after me. But that's a **** good move on CO's part. Other states need to follow suit, starting in TX.

In addition to minivans, those big rigs need to move on over as well. :twisted:
I'm up for it.
Waht does it take for us (USA) to have 1 like Autobarn (Germany)?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
krzys4 said:
Waht does it take for us (USA) to have 1 like Autobarn (Germany)?
Will never happen. :cry:
I know, but at least can we try on Interstate first, like city to city would be ok, right?
Oh I'm sorry, no budget right? I forgot our troops are in Irag now.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
you are only allowed to troll in the left lane if you have a TRUE DUAL exhaust like in piniti's avatar

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm all for autobahns; not sure whether " autobarns " will be of much use in this particular context, though :twisted: . BTW Germany started work on their 1st one back in 1929. Meanwhile we - in N.E. and Great Lakes region - can't build and maintain simple burb-2-burb road worth a piss :roll: . And that lane enforcement business won't ever work in MA given density of our traffic. Restricting a single lane on I-95 ? You gotta be kidding me :lol: .

·
Registered
58 Posts
ALL states need this.

Here in Arizona it's not even illegal for tractor trailers to drive in the left lane, which is just ridiculous!

There are many fatal accidents that occur out here because of trucks in the left lane.

NO ONE should drive in the left lane unless passing, ESPECIALLY vehicles that can't come close to performing (acceleration/brakes) like the cars around them.

I can't believe how many people can't remember the basic "Slower traffic keep right" and they just sit there. It's easily one of my biggest pet peeves and has been for many years.

I've always wanted to get a "Slower traffic keep right" headliner on my car, but backwards like an Ambulance so people could read it in their rear-view mirror when I was behind them trying to pass. :p

·
Registered
392 Posts
Angela said:
ALL states need this.

Here in Arizona it's not even illegal for tractor trailers to drive in the left lane, which is just ridiculous!

There are many fatal accidents that occur out here because of trucks in the left lane.

NO ONE should drive in the left lane unless passing, ESPECIALLY vehicles that can't come close to performing (acceleration/brakes) like the cars around them.

I can't believe how many people can't remember the basic "Slower traffic keep right" and they just sit there. It's easily one of my biggest pet peeves and has been for many years.

I've always wanted to get a "Slower traffic keep right" headliner on my car, but backwards like an Ambulance so people could read it in their rear-view mirror when I was behind them trying to pass. :p
That is because people believe that if they are driving at the speed limit they can stay on the left lane. I don't use the left lane even if I am going at 80, I always move to the right lane, even if I have to pass up again soon... and I've noticed that all drivers in the Autobahn do this too... you never know when a Porsche can come from behing doing well over 160 :)

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
duncantuna said:
Florida just tried to pass this law .. Jeb Bush vetoed it. Interesting choice.

http://www.wftv.com/news/4513509/detail.html
I'm glad that he vetoed that... Although there are many cars who drives slow on the left lane, I dont think they deserve ticket for going on speed limit (but I do flash or honk from time to time).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.